Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

Good morning! This group of questions from Chelsea makes me really wish it was summer now. We had great weather last week. But this week? They are forecasting snow. Ahh!!

1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Ketchup, mustard, and salsa. Yes, salsa is a condiment in my world.

2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
I like my steak medium rare and my burgers medium well.

3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
I like them diced up on a salad. Or just sliced up with a little salt and pepper. Mmm. I love tomatoes. When I was child, my mom had an ginormous garden and grew so many tomatoes. I bet we harvested hundreds each summer. It was a shock to the system to have to actually pay for produce when I started living on my own!

I am going to attempt to grow some tomatoes on my patio this summer!

4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
A can of soup.

5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
Chips & salsa. Or tortilla chips with pickles on them - odd, I know, but don't knock it until you try it!

6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
Scrambled eggs with diced veggies.

7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
My favorite thing is my brother's grilled chicken. How do I do it? I sit back and watch. Ha.

My condo association only allows electric grills and I don't think electric grills 'count' so if I want grilled food, I need to invite myself over to my brother's or go to my parents' cabin!

8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I like Yellowtail. I do not have a well developed palette when it comes to wine, so buying expensive wine is a waste for me!

9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
This is actually my sister's recipe for Margarita's, but it's one of my favorite drinks so I am stealing it!

- 1 can lime aid concentrate
- 1 squeezed lime
- 3/4 c. of Tequila
- 1/4 c. of Triple Sec
- fill blender with ice

Blend.

Simple right? And SO good.

10. How do you like your eggs?
I prefer them either scrambled with salsa on top or over easy if I have some gluten free toast to dip in the runny yolks. Mmmmm... I really, really love eggs. Best breakfast ever!

21 comments:

Becky said...

"How do I do it? I sit back and watch." HAHAHA. Best answer ever!

Emily Jane said...

I will have to try that Maragarita recipe!

Marlys said...

Don't we add ice to that margarita recipe for slushy ones? And I miss those fresh tomatos so much, especially in the winter! Some you buy taste like cardboard! Eat those eggs! MmmMmm!

Nora said...

I love that you have salsa as a condiment; I actually almost always have that in my fridge too!

I'm seriously craving scrambled eggs right now. Like big time.

Erin said...

I'll be stealing that recipe this summer!

Jess said...

Now I really want a BBQ hamburger!!

Leigh said...

I love scrambled eggs with a bit of milk and feta cheese! So yummy!

I only recently started to like tomatoes, but not by themselves. They have to be in something

Garnet said...

I've always wanted to grow my own tomatoes! Maybe some day, but until then my favorite are the ones I pick up from farm stands.

Pickles and chips, eh? I love em both, so I won't knock it until I try it.

And as for alcohol...Yellowtail was one of my answers too and that margarita recipe sounds delicious!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I do really like scrambled eggs with salsa now! I'm craving some now and am in class... I just might have to make some when I get home. :)

Amber said...

I NEVER liked tomatoes until last summer when we started buying them at the Farmers Market. They were so fresh and juicy and delicious!!! Now I LOVE them. But the grocery store ones (especially in the winter) just don't match up!

You can totally grow tomatoes on your patio this year! I did it on mine last year (little cherry ones) and they worked great :)

Anonymous said...

Is that THE margarita recipe from last summer? I can't wait to try it! :)

I hope you do grow tomatos this year, and if you do you should also make a little pot of basil! My favourite summer lunch is always fresh tomato + basil on toast with a thin layer of chevre or cream cheese. Sooo amazing :)

Stephany said...

I don't have a grill either, but I hear good things about grill-pans. They're not too expensive, either. (Much cheaper than buying a grill!)

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

This is making me hungry!

Salsa is one of the only condiments I like so I definitely support it as a condiment!

Also if I haven't planned anything for dinner I usually make a tuna sandwich with greek yogurt!

Erin said...

Chips and Salsa is my "go-to" snack :) So yummy! I especially love making my OWN chips. VERY EASY to do with Pampered Chef Stoneware :) HAHA. And eggs are a favorite of mine too!!! Your post just made me really hungry!!!!

Jeanie said...

Shrimp is always in my freezer. It's almost as much of a staple -- maybe more so -- than baking things!

I should shoot you a wine list of things under $12 -- you can try a blind tasting (or even not blind -- just price-hidden) with your friends! Yellow-tail isn't bad -- but there's lots out there that's affordable!

Abby said...

I miss fresh tomatoes from the garden! My plants better be damn productive!

Did you know that major grocer's will actually use a type of gas on their tomatoes to turn them red????

When I read that, I was truly sickened! That shouldn't be legal!

I love your comment about how you cook your favorite grilled food :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Mmmmm, runny yolks!! I agree!!

Gracie said...

Salsa's a main dish for me, ha!
I drink Yellowtale, too. You're going to die, but it's $4.99 a bottle here. Yeah. Alcohol is SO cheap in New Orleans!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Yay for Yellowtail!

As you know, I love your blog! I gave you an award. You will probably find it in your reader, but just in case, it is here:
http://travelspot06.blogspot.com/2011/03/natalie-from-my-blog-is-boring-gave-my.html

Unprofessional said...

Ketchup ketchup ketchup!!! I've been having scrambled eggs every morning these days...with ketchup, of course!

Raquelita said...

Salsa is indeed a condiment!