Friday, January 31, 2014

Five Things Friday

Whew, we made it through another week!  Happy Friday, everyone!  I'm closing out the week with a Five Things Friday post.

1.  I am anxiously awaiting news about the arrival of my newest niece or nephew!  My sister has her c-section today so I will be obsessively checking my phone this morning!  We of course are hoping and praying for a healthy baby, but another girl sure would be fun!  It makes me sad that I don't know when I will meet the baby, though, as I am not sure when I'll be at my parents' lake home next, which is close to where my sister lives. 

2.  I picked up my framed CFA Charter last week.  It's kind of obnoxiously large.  I kind of doubt I will ever have an office as that's not common in my industry, so I will probably be the only person who sees it but I still felt it was worth framing!


3.  I have another quiet weekend in Charlotte on deck this weekend but I am ok with it because a week from today I will be reunited with two of my best friends so I will focus on the excitement of that to get me through my quiet weekend!

4.  I tried my first water aerobics class last weekend and it was actually pretty fun.  I was definitely the youngest person in the class, though!  It was a good mix of cardio and strength training and my joints handled it well so it's something I am going to try to go on the Saturdays that I am in Charlotte.  It looks like they have more intense classes during the week, but they start at 6 and it's so hard for me to leave work on time to make it to them.  :/

5. I started working on my taxes last weekend and oh my gosh I am overwhelmed.  Turns out it's really confusing to file taxes in two different states, especially when part of my relocation income was counted as taxable income.  I work in finance, but this in no way makes me a tax expert so I am admitting defeat and will have to pay for someone to do my taxes for the first time ever. 

What's on your mind today?

14 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I think it will definitely be worth paying someone to do a confusing set of taxes. We just had a crazy tax incident earlier where we almost owed 4000 from the year 2011 and it was not good. Luckily we were right and they were not so it ended up being fine but a scare still!

Can't wait to hear if your sister has a boy or girl!

Caroline said...

Ahh yes.. like that time in 2012 when I lived/worked in CT, NY and MA… funnnn. Luckily, I didn't make enough in MA but unenjoyable nonetheless.

Thinking of you and your sister today, can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!

Abby said...

I, too, am obsessively checking my phone waiting for the news!!!

Ah, taxes. Everything we get a form in the mail my stomach cringes. I just dread them - even though Ryan does it. If I didn't have him - I totally would hire someone to do it for me. You know me and finances just don't mix....

You deserve to hang that frame!!! Hang it proudly!! That's cool that you found a good water aerobics class. I love how my body feels in the pool!

My mind is focusing on getting through work, staying awake on my drive, and not getting lost & ending up in Juarez, Mexico! ;)

Leigh said...

Glad to her that the water aerobics class went well! I have never tried something like that. Hope you enjoy your quite weekend! :)

Nora said...

With some of the things that we have going on financially we hired someone last year to do our taxes and will do so again. They sent us the paperwork earlier this month so one of our goals for this weekend is to fill it all out so that it's done and turned in... I loathe taxes.

I love the frame for your CFA charter and hell yes it is worth framing!

Carolina John said...

yea we started using a CPA as soon as it got complex. Back when I had multiple businesses and needed corporate returns, schedule k's, rental properties, etc it was well worth what I had to pay my CPA. The good ones are amazing.

My cousin just had a baby a few days ago as well! Congrats on the new little one coming into your family.

and that CFA charter may be large, but you earned it. Display it with pride!

Amber said...

Hope everything goes well with your sister's c-section! Can't wait to hear if she has a boy or girl! You so rarely hear about people waiting till the baby is born to find out what they are having so that is cool they waited!

Right now the sun is SHINING so all feels right in my world! It's freaking cold out but I don't even care because I'm just so happy to see some sun for the first time in three frickin' weeks! haha.

Marlys said...

Well, I have to spoil the surprise and tell you that it was a "girl"! I will let Lisa fill you in on the details and will forward pictures for her to post! Needless to say, this Grandma is high with glee! I now have two precious little granddaughters and five precious grandsons! Whoo Hoo!

Charis Faith said...

Congratulations on your new niece or nephew!!! I am so glad you framed your charter!!! I love water aerobics!!!! OH MY GOSH I JUST SAW YOUR MOM'S comment YAY!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

Yay for babies! We have paid someone to do our taxes since we got married. Crap got complicated with own a business and all the other random deductions and crap. Best is that she always finds stuff we would never have known about. Woot. Oh and my brain doesn't have to hurt, I just sign a few papers ha.

Jeanie said...

I hadn't thought about the complications of filing taxes in two states. I almost have all my stuff to do that and will probably start next week sometime getting it all together.

Hopefully you know by now about your new baby! I know you'll be excited -- and like with the others, a wonderful aunt!

Stephany said...

Oh, taxes. I'm so lucky mine are fairly straightforward and I can do them online. I would hate to have to pay someone!

Congrats to your sister on her BABY GIRL! That is so, so, so exciting. AHHH.

Your CFA Charter is so big! And it should be for how hard you worked for it. :) You go, girl!

Enjoy your quiet weekend! I know those can be hard for you, but I hope it's relaxing and rejuvenating. <3

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

It's definitely worth framing!! You worked hard for that :-)

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

There is a water aerobics class at our gym that is crazy popular. I'd say there are easily over 50 women who attend it every week. I love that the teacher plays all this hip, current music, while the average age of the women taking the class is probably 70, no joke. Secretly, I've always wanted to try the class (but timing never works out with Gavin's swim classes).