Thursday, February 1, 2018

Three Things Thursday

San posted this fun survey post (via Jana) earlier this week so I thought I would play along! I always love reading posts like these as you learn random things about other people!
Three foods I hate and refuse to eat.
Picked herring, sardines, and anchovies.
Three foods I love and eat more of than I should.
Pickles (although I really don't think they are all that bad for me - they have a lot of sodium but I have low BP so I think it's fine that I eat as many as I do), French Fries (when not eating a gestational diabetes diet), and tortilla chips (again, when not on a GD diet).
Three things/chores I avoid until absolutely necessary.
Cleaning the bathroom (I hate cleaning the tub), cleaning the microwave, and scrubbing our kitchen floor.
Three chores I always do.
Laundry, grocery shopping, and meal planning (but I do none of these things right now since I'm not mobile thanks to the stupid blood clot).
Three wardrobe staples.
Jeans, flats, striped shirts.
Three things I don’t spend money on.
Gym memberships (at least not right now),  cable (we only get channels that come in with an antennae) and magazines (I don't subscribe to any and don't buy them in stores).
Three things I do spend money on.
Locally-raised meat, clothes from Banana Republic, and fresh produce.
Three TV shows I frequently watch in reruns.
Sex and the City is the only show I can think of that I watch reruns of.
Three movies I love (that might surprise you).
When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail, and We Were Soldiers (this is the one I added that might surprise people).
Three genres I generally don’t read.
Romance, fantasy, horror – same as San.
Three things I’m looking forward to this year.
Having the baby/being done being pregnant, watching Phil become a dad, 20 weeks of maternity leave with our sweet baby. 

Pick a couple of questions and answer them in your comment! 

10 comments:

Marlys said...

That was fun! I love these posts. I, too, can't wait to watch both you & Phil become parents, which I know you will be great at!
I will rejoice when that clot has been dissolved!

Jeanie said...

Fun idea! Let's see...
Three foods I love and eat more of than I should -- Bread/crackers; Peppermint stick ice cream; onion soup; Three things I do spend money on. Craft supplies, good ingredients for cooking and books

Jana @ Jana Says said...

I'm so sorry about the gestational diabetes! I had it with my daughter and it is no fun. At all.

Re: the foods you hate. I can honestly say I've never eaten any of them because they've always seemed so disgusting. So, I'm with you on that.

Thanks for playing along!

San said...

Oh yay, glad to see you play along. That was fun to read.
I love pickles (always have a jar in the fridge - I like them cold and crunchy!)

I am looking forward to watch you and Phil become parents!

Charbelle said...

So fun! I love these! I always think of you when I'm eating pickles :) I've been praying every morning at 6:15 for among other things that the clot will dissolve. French Fries and Tortilla chips are the best!!! Sending hugs!

katielookingforward said...

I am so happy that you get 20 weeks of leave!! What a great amount of time to readjust! Hopefully Phil gets some decent time as well?

Amber said...

So fun! I have no blogging motivation lately so may have to repeat this on my blog. I don't even do weekend recaps anymore because my weekends look the same as any other day.

I am the least picky eater I think, I really can't think of 3 foods I hate... I don't choose to eat fish very often because I don't like cooking it at home, but I don't hate it!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Those are three book genres I don't read either, and also three foods I am not looking to eat. I have tried all of them, and as a kid I loved sardines, but then I didn't eat them for so long and became scared to try them again. Christopher LOVES sardines and pickled herring, and has them regularly.

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Cleaning the bathtub is the worst. And takes a while compared to something like the toilet. And so nice you will have 20 weeks maternity leave!!

Stephany said...

God, I hate cleaning the bathtub. Something about the size of it and having to bend over to clean it and... I would just rather do anything else.

Let's see, three genres I don't normally read: horror, graphic novels, and science fiction