Then hop over to Amber's blog! She does bi-weekly career feature posts, and today she is featuring me!
I had a wonderful weekend. As much as I love going to my parents' cabin, I also love weekend at home. Especially now that I live in a neighborhood I love! Here are some highlights from my weekend, bullet point style!
- Meeting a dear friend's 2-week-old baby girl and getting lots of baby holding time.
- Running 8 miles with my running group - not my best 8 miler as I was a bit dehydrated, but it was still good to get a training run in.
- Hitting up a Borders going-out-of-business sale. Did I need to buy 4 books? No, not really. But it's tough to resist deeply discounted books - and I had a gift card I needed to use up!
- Having a Saturday evening to myself. It included biking to church, reading on a bench in a park, grocery shopping, and grilling a yummy, healthy meal. And going to bed at 9:30! On a Saturday! Woo hip, this girl is exciting!
- Sleeping for 10 hours on Saturday night. Feel a bit guilty about this, but I have been getting about 7 hours of sleep/night for weeks so I NEEDED those 10 hours of peaceful sleep. I did NOT need the bad dream that left me feeling unsettled. That's a topic for another post, though.
- On Sunday morning, I went to 4 stores in 90 minutes. 3 of which were furniture/home decor stores. Ahhh! I do not enjoy furniture shopping. Or shopping at all, really. Just ask my mom. And the search for furniture continues... I have a couch from ikea picked out, it's just taking FOREVER for them to replenish their inventory at my store and it's not orderable...
- Meeting up with a blogger friend (Crystal) who recently moved to St. Paul! We met at my place, walked across the Stone Arch Bridge, and got coffee/tea at one of my favorite cafes along the river. So fun to meet another blogger. :)