I'm back from my business trip in one piece! Ufda, this was a tough trip for me. I did what I set out to do and successfully presented at 2 different bank conferences, but oy vey. This trip was hard. Here is the good, the bad, and the ugly of it...
- We got really good feedback from the participants at both sessions. I am new at presenting so positive feedback really helps build my confidence!
- I traveled with my boss on this trip and we really bonded and got to know each other. I think it was a blessing that we had to do this trip together because it forced us to get to know each other better. I feel much much better about reporting to him now and feel as though we are on the same page regarding my career path, strengths, and opportunities.
- I got to the first hotel we stayed at, unpacked, and realized I had forgotten to pack my suit jacket. I do NOT know how I did this. That is a pretty crucial thing. A suit wasn't required, but I like to over-dress instead of just meeting the bare minimum.
- I almost got into a car accident on the first night. My boss yelled to stop me from turning into a car. I was turning left and thought they were turning left but they were going straight... I blame the cold meds as I had that floating head/out-of-body feeling. But it was pretty scary. I felt awful but my boss was super nice about it and said to not feel bad.
- I got SICK on this trip. Like SO SICK. If I hadn't been traveling for work, I most certainly would have been staying home sick because I was miserable. It started with a head cold which then settled into a chest cold. By the 2nd day of presenting, I didn't have much of a voice. Getting up in front of a crowd of people feeling like crap with a fading voice is HARD.
So there you have it. All in all, I feel good about how the trip went, but I am not going to sugar coat it. I was miserably sick on this trip (and still am miserably sick). I'm working a half day today and then am taking the afternoon off and am going to the doctor (I want to rule out bronchitis). I need to rest up as much as I can as I leave again on Sunday afternoon for another one of these presentations, this time in the Philadelphia area.
What was the good, the bad, and the ugly of your week?