Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Music, Books, Miles and Looks of June

June was such a blur!  I thought it would be a quieter, slower month but it totally wasn't.  It was a weird month, though. It certainly had some highs but it also had more than its fair share of anxiety and stress (related to work) so I am glad it's behind me!
 
Music:

*crickets* I have not listened to much music lately as I mostly listen to podcasts when I am in the car (which isn't very often) so I don't have any new songs I'm loving these days!  

Books:

I read 4 books in June, so it was kind of a low reading month (for me).  All of the books I read were pretty good, but it's been awhile since I've read something that I absolutely LOVED. Similar to previous months, the books I starred are ones I read for the Read Harder Challenge.

Citizens of London by Lynne Olson - 3 stars (book club book)
French Milk by Lucy Knisley - 4 stars
Nobody's Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle* - 3 stars
In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner* - 4 stars

Miles:

June was not my best month for running as I had some random pain in my ankle/foot that made me take some extra rest days.  I got it x-rayed just to be sure it wasn't a stress fracture, and everything looked fine so that was a relief.  My total miles for the month were 60, which is my lowest month since February!  Oh well - I am sure July will be a higher mileage month since I'm marathon training now.  I also biked 56 miles, swam 5 times, and did 5 strength training workouts (lower than I'd like but it's tough to fit everything in these days).

Looks:

My favorite look of the month was the dress that I wore to my cousin's wedding.  You can't see much of it in the photo but the best part about it is that it has pockets!!  It's also nice that the neckline has jewels sewn into it so I did not have to wear any jewelry with it!  I've had this dress for 2 years and this is only the second time I have worn it - I need to pull it out of my closet more often.

  
How was your month of June?  This is my last post before the 4th of July holiday - have a great weekend and for my American readers, have a safe and fun 4th of July!  And Happy Canada Day to my Canadian readers!!

12 comments:

Marlys said...

I am surprised you haven't worn that dress more often as it was so pretty! I, too, loved the jewel neckline. When I reach my goal weight loss I hope to buy some new clothes, especially dresses!
I only read one book this month, so four is great, especially when two of them are harder reads. Under the Banyon Tree was interesting to me as I had never heard much about that era and what those people went through.
July is here already and half the year is past! WOW is all I can say!

katielookingforward said...

I wear dresses all the time, with the pretty neckline and pockets I would have it worn out by now! June was okay…July will be crazy busy. I'm hoping to really enjoy September with hopefully a new routine.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I haven't really been listening to music lately either. I downloaded a podcast app in hopes of joining in the podcast hype but have yet to listen to one.

Carolina John said...

June was a really strange month for me too. crazy! Hope the foot is feeling better now, you're in for a wild july I'm sure. Enjoy the MN summer!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

June was a crazy, busy month for me, as it was the last month of school, which is always insane. I'm not usually a fan of June, other than the nice weather. We did spend a lot of time outside, so that was nice.

I love when dresses have pockets! And, you two look great together :-)

Have a wonderful 4th!

Gracie said...

I've been listening to podcasts, too, Any recommendations?

Stephany said...

June was such a weird month for me, too! It went by so fast. I'm sorry to hear about the work stress. :( That is NO fun to deal with at all!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Such a cute dress and great photo of you guys!
I just finished the Peach Tree or Peach Keeper. Was pretty good and made me miss our girls weekend in NC!

Amber said...

I love that dress! I was wondering if that was a jewelled neckline or a necklace you were wearing with it. It's the perfect wedding dress!

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Abby said...

You look stunning in that dress! You and Phil look great together :)

So glad your foot is on the mend!

Got any good books to suggest to your sister? Almost done with my current read! ;)

Becky said...

Dude. Pockets in dresses are honestly the best thing EVER. I think June was a blur for me too and I think the rest of the summer is going to fly as I get settled back in at work and we do have a few weekends planned here and there!

Lisa-Marie said...

That is a GORGEOUS dress. I am a fan of a statement necklace, so I love and embellished neckline. Also, ALL dresses should have pockets - the one I wore for my sister's wedding had them - handy for tissues!

I was complaining that I'd only read four books last month. The response I got was 'Ive read three this year'. it all about perspective!