- First and foremost, spending the holiday with this guy!
- Meeting some of Phil's extended family on Christmas Eve. I had met all of his immediate family but it was fun to meet his aunt and cousins. Everyone was so welcoming.
- Eating lots of delicious food! From tacos on Christmas Eve to a traditional Christmas meal of turkey and mashed potatoes on Christmas Day to soups made with leftover turkey and ham, and lots of food and treats in between. We definitely ate well throughout the holiday weekend!
- Hearing Phil's mom say how nice it was to have another woman in the house for Christmas. She only has sons so she really enjoyed shopping for me and also appreciated having some extra help in the kitchen.
- Watching Oscar enjoy her first Christmas. There was a lot of excitement for her between a banana filled with catnip, the laser pointer Phil's brother got her, and all the bows and wrapping paper and such.
|She loved the catnip-filled banana!|
|After she came down from her catnip high, she snuggled up in front of the fireplace and watched us open gifts.|
- Going for a run with my sister, Abby. It was snowy and pretty slippery out there but it was fun to fit a run in!
- Being spoiled with lots of great gifts from our parents. They were so very (overly) generous!
|My parents know Phil well!|
What were some of the highlights of your holiday weekend?