Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009 - Part I

We had a fabulous Easter here in Minneapolis. The weather was in the 50-60s and the sun was shining. Finally, spring is here to stay! (I sincerely hope so at least)

My family came to Minneapolis and my brother hosted at his house in Maple Grove. Last year I hosted and while it was a lot of fun, my tiny one-bedroom condo is WAY to small to accommodate a family of my size!! So I definitely enjoyed just being a guest this year!

The family all stayed at the Holiday Inn in Maple Grove. They had the nicest water park. It was designed to look sort of like the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. The pool area was so cool. On Saturday morning, I went over to the hotel and watched Andrew & James swim. They definitely had a blast!


The boys have really become quite the water babies! I can't wait for this summer at the lake! They definitely are the best of buds and get along so well. After they got done swimming I showed them how to wrap their heads in towels like their auntie does when I get out of the shower. They thought it was the coolest thing ever since they are so used to seeing me with a towel on my head! I love how they are amused by the simplest little things!

After that, we got ready to head over to my brother's for my nephew's Birthday party. Little Matthew turned one last week. It's hard to believe he is already one - the last year has just flown by.

He's gone from looking like this

To looking like this

It's kind of amazing how much a child changes in their first year of life. I have been so blessed to have such happy, healthy nephews. I think sometimes I forget how much of a miracle each child really is. I have been reminded of this lately as a good friend from college had her baby a few weeks ago. She was born at 24 weeks; so far she is doing well and hanging in there, and I am praying that things continue to progress well for her. Watching my friend go through this has definitely made me even more thankful for the healthy kids in my life! Please say a little prayer for baby Ella - hopefully she continues to make great progress in the NICU!

Back to the party. Julie, my sister-in-law, did a great job with the cake. The pictures don't do it justice!

Matthew even had his own little teddy bear cake.
Matthew didn't have much interest in it, though. Unfortunately he has a molar coming in so the little guy was in pain!

After eating some birthday cake, the kids got to dye Easter Eggs. They had a great time and managed to stay pretty clean. Which is impressive for a 3 and 4 year old!




After the party we headed back to the hotel. I hadn't planned on going swimming but everyone else in the family was going so I figured I better suit up and join them. I had a great time playing in the water with the kids!


And that was our Saturday! I'll post about Easter day later this week! Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh your nephews are just adorable! And that cake is SOOOO cool!!! It looks like a lot of work!

I hope your friend's baby gets better soon. That is so sad.

Abby said...

They are so cute! It is amazing to see how much they have grown up. I remember last year at Easter...James swam until he was blue, and Andrew wasn't enjoying the water so much. Now it looks like you practically couldn't get them out of the water! How fun. I miss you guys!!!

jdotzenrod said...

Great pictures Lisa! I can't believe the difference in Matthew's pictures. He is growing up so fast. I just ordered a whole bunch of pictures over the last year so I can finish his baby book. They change so fast.