Monday, April 27, 2009

Some blog love



I was the recipient from a little blog love from Amber over at Amber Alert. I'm pretty sure some of my friends/family think I'm bonkers for blogging, but I've met so many great people, like Amber, since I started blogging!


For this award, I am supposed to list 5 of my guilty pleasures! And yah, I definitely have more than 5! Here goes...


1. Skim Vanilla Lattes from Starbucks. I used to be a Mocha addicts, but when I found out the caloric/fat content of them, I've since moved over to Vanilla Lattes. I'm trying to train myself to like black coffee so that I can fit in with my family (my parents/siblings are all coffee drinkers & drink it sans cream/sugar/etc!). I'll join their rankings some day.


2. Google Reader. I love this application. I don't even want to tell you how many blogs I read. They run the gamut from gluten free cooking to clothing to books to to wedding planning... Reading them is such an outlet for me. I especially love the blogs of friends/family - I feel so much closer to them by reading about what they are up to!


3. Books. I have a book buying problem. If there is a Book Buying Addicts association, I should probably join it. And possibly be the president. It's not like I a buy book here or there - when I go into B&N, I rarely leave without buying 5 books. Sometimes more. There is this episode of SATC where Carrie realizes how much money she has spent on her shoes... I don't even want to do the math on how much I've spent on books. I do look forward to having a library someday. I just really feel bad for my parents - every time they move me, they schlep a mini library around and probably wish I'd use a library card!!


4. Dark Chocolate. I've never been a sweets person, but I love good, high quality dark chocolate. And it's gluten free so is a sweet I can enjoy! :)


5. Pickles. I love pickles. So much so that when I graduated from college, the mom of my HS best friend gave me jars of pickles as part of my graduation gift! I eat them plain most of the time, but my fave thing to do is slice them up & eat then on top of Corn Tortilla chips. Mmm. Don't knock it until you try it!
My turn to tag 5 people:

3. The Pure and Simple Truth
4. your wishcake
5. Project Subrosa

1 comment:

aimee said...

i'm totally going to try to pickles and tortilla chip thing. sounds delicious!!

it was fun reading this and finding out random info about you :)