Monday, February 8, 2010

Birthday Recap

Happy Monday, everyone! Sounds like many of you got a snow storm over the weekend. I must say, I am a bit jealous. I could use a snow day - especially if it was bad enough that I didn't have to go to work. I would still work since I can remote in from home, but working from home in my pjs would be pretty awesome!

I had an absolutely fantastic birthday weekend. I had received a couple of packages in the mail the week before my birthday but I exercised some serious self-control and waited until the morning of my birthday to open them. It was wonderful to brew a pot of coffee, curl up on the couch, and open the treasures I had received from a dear friend & my parents.

I then spent the rest of the day preparing for my company! I was all a-flurry with the task of slicing and dicing all the toppings for the taco bar, and before I knew it, it was time to put on my birthday outfit! I treated myself to a new pink shirt, purchased at Target the night before my birthday. Pink is sort of my signature color, so I just had to find a new pink shirt! Here's the obligatory self-photo, taken in the bathroom, just moments before the guests started to arrive!



I love the shirt, but I fear it might make me look like I am pregnant! What do you think?

Unfortunately, I don't have many other photos to share with you. I was too busy have fun & playing the part of the host, I just didn't think to snap photos like I had wanted to! Suffice to say it was wonderful night! There were balloons & flowers, friends & laughter, story telling & reminiscing. I definitely need to host more parties like this!

I did get one photo of some of the girls that were there! The 2 girls to the right of me went to UND & were DG's. Adrianne & I roomed together when we did our 2 week program in Lyon.

(me, Brooke, Amanda, and Adrianne)


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I have some Valentine's Day/love themed posts to share this week - I can't wait for Valentine's Day!

Tell me about your weekend!

22 comments:

J said...

I like that shirt! Its very cute! That type of fit that flows away around the stomach and waist is tricky. But I think you can definitely wear that shirt! Glad you had a great birthday!!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Very cute! Glad you girls had a fun night.

Emily Jane said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend your birthday :)

I like the shirt! I like the ones that have a little more room below the boob-line because I feel like I have more room and if I overdo it on cake it's not such a big deal lol. I think it looks lovely on you and I love the colour :)

Glad you had such fun!

I'maNolaGirl said...

The shirt looks great! I love the color on you. I was thinking of you Saturday and sending you birthday wishes galore!

Becky said...

Love that color on you! And LOVIN' those earrings! Glad you had a great time!

Mandy said...

I think top and color both are gorgeous on you! I am so glad that you had so much fun on Saturday night. I have no idea how you had so much will power to wait a whole week to open packages!

Kyla Roma said...

Love the shirt, and it looks like an amazing time out with friends. The times when you're too engaged to be snapping away with the camera are the best. =)

Happy belated!

Abby said...

You deserved to have a fantastic birthday, Lisa - so I am pleased to see it was a success!! :)

I love that pink shirt on you. And no, you do not look pregnant!!

Our weekend was good and very busy!! I feel like I need a weekend from the weekend!

I am also jealous of a snowstorm kind of. I am so in the mood for a "trapped indoors in pj's" kind-of-day!!

Leigh said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend and I love your new shirt! The color is great :)

Anais said...

So glad you had a nice birthday :D I love the shirt, although I always have that fear too - does it make me look pregnant?? I think it looks fine though :)

I had a lot of fun over the week-end and caught up with a bunch of friends, so that was quite nice :)

Nora said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday weekend, you definitely deserved it. And a taco bar sounds divine =)

Nora said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday weekend, you definitely deserved it. And a taco bar sounds divine =)

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend!!

I love that shirt, it's super cute. And, you do not look pregnant in it at all!!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you really were pampered by others and by yourself! Looks like a lovely celebration!

I celebrated your birthday by visiting with my niece for a few hours on Saturday. She's a full 2 years of attitude and a lot of fun.

Sarah said...

I love that top, the colour really suits you! And I'm glad you had such a great day!

Carolina John said...

sounds like you had a great time! good on ya.

Amber said...

So glad you had such a good time and that shirt looks HOT on you! Very nice colour.

I LOVE girls nights like that, the taco bar idea is GREAT. I'll have to try that one time!!

Kelly said...

I don't think it makes you look pregnant, I am a huge fan of shirts like that. It does look more orange than pink in the first picture but you can tell better in the second one. We all know how much I love pink so obviously I love it!

It sounds like you had such a great birthday. I really need to work on hosting more parties. We had a housewarming party when we moved and that's it. That was a year ago! You might have just motivated me though haha

crystal said...

Happy Happy belated!! It looks like you had fun :)

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Ooh, love the new shirt! Sounds like you had a very fun partay!

Nicole said...

That shirt is so cute! I never would have guessed the shirt was from Target. I love that store!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

That top is cute!!! I like it! What a fun way to spend your birthday, glad you had a good one!!! :)