Friday, June 16, 2017

TGIF!

Whew - summer is definitely here in the midwest, and I am loving it! I know there are varying opinions about hot weather but I personally love it!  And my garden is loving it, too!  Here's how my week shaped up!

The high of my week was being able to go for a run in Chicago. This is the first business trip where I've been able to go for a run - on past trips my hip just wasn't healthy enough for a run. It felt great to log some miles along the shores of Lake Michigan. I did get caught in a downpour but it was still a great run despite that!



The low of my week was dealing with the frustrating process of changing my name at work. I've changed my name on my social security card, drivers license, and at one bank and it was very easy. Changing it at work has been a disaster. From day to day and from morning to afternoon, emails switch from coming from my maiden name and my married name. And one day emails were coming from Lisa Stegner (my last name is SEGNER). It's been so frustrating! We were acquired by a company 2 years ago and this year we switched over to their HR center and it's been a disaster - about half of my paychecks have had errors due to expense reimbursement (not paying me in full, double paying, not paying me at all). So the debacle of the name change process is sort of the last straw for me!

A book I am reading is Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett. This is a novel that deals with mental health - specifically, depression. I've heard really good things about it so hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

For my workouts I ran and had a personal training session. I've had more rest days than usual this week as I struggle to get workouts in on days when I am traveling. I'm heading to the lake today and will go for a run with my sister tomorrow which I'm excited for!  I'll get back on track with workouts next week. Some weeks just have to be light weeks, especially a week when I will have spent 4 nights away!

The best money I spent was on a new auto insurance policy. Talk about 'adulting'. Phil added my car to his policy and we got a multi-car discount so my premium dropped and his dropped even further! Plus I was able to drop my renters policy at his house (I technically wasn't renting from him but I couldn't be added to his home owner policy until we were married). Yea for saving money! 

My plans this weekend include spending the weekend at the lake with my family. Phil is staying back so he can spend Father's Day with his mom as that day is a sad day for them (understandably so). I'm glad I'll get to celebrate Father's Day with my dear dad! Here are a couple of pictures of us from our wedding (hoping to start the wedding posts next week!)





What are you reading right now?  What was the high of your week?

10 comments:

Charbelle said...

Yay for running!!! I have a few things that I'll be able to consolidate in August after the wedding and I'm really excited about it! I know the name change pain!!! It was NOT fun at my last company! I'm hoping since this company is smaller that it will be less of a headache. That's ridiculous the hassle you have gone through!!! I'm going to the Lady Antebellum concert tonight, my friend Paula is taking me as an early birthday gift. I know we'll have a great time! Tomorrow we're headed down to the lake, I'm hoping the rain holds off for the evenings because they are calling for a lot of storms here over the next few days. I'm currently still reading Evicted. I haven't been able to read since Saturday at the pool because it's been such a busy week! I think I have 3/4 left to go before I'm done. I like it and it's so well written I often forget that it's not fiction.

missris said...

Your photos are soooo beautiful! And hooray for running in Chicago along the lakefront! That's one of the things I miss most about living there :)

Abby said...

So excited for a weekend with you. Weather is looking a "little" better. We will have fun no Matt we what!

So glad youre running again!!!! Makes me so happy - especially in time for summer!!

nTha book sounds interesting!

Amber said...

Have a GREAT time at the lake with your family! I am reading Evicted right now and enjoying it, it is very well done for non-fiction and feels more 'plot driven' and not as dry as some non fiction is. I'm excited to discuss it with our group. The high of my week was definitely getting our house cleaned yesterday. We had house guests this week and I've had a busy week so wasn't doing a very good job keeping things tidy so coming home to a spotless house (after a long day yesterday to boot) was THE BEST.

Marlys said...

Looking forward to having you at the lake so we can catch up! I hope the weather is good, as Charlie & Evelyn will be there and they love to play in the lake!
I, too, am happy you are running again!

Jeanie said...

Your dad is so handsome -- love those photos and the happy running with the skyline in the background!

I'm reading "The Magician's Assistant" (Ann Patchett) and the best part of last week was last weekend and being with our friends! (The worst part -- having a broken washing machine and muffler in the same week!)

Stephany said...

Awww, I love those pictures of you and your dad! I'm so glad you'll get to spend some time at the lake this weekend, too. Fingers crossed for perfect weather!

I am currently reading You Are a Badass, which is very, very self-help-y, but I'm so into that, so it's working for me, haha. And the high of my week was getting tough with Fitbit via their online chat to get them to send me a replacement tracker (mine suddenly developed a huge crack in the screen!). They just wanted to give me a 25% discount on a new tracker, but I decided to play a little hardball and just like that, they said they would send me a brand-new tracker. Booya!

Shoshanah said...

We were bought out by a company this past year as well and there's definitely been a fair share of hiccups with it. Things that really wouldn't be that big of a deal, at least until you compare to how easy it used to be.

And I can't wait to read all about your wedding!!

San said...

So happy you get to spend Father's Day with your dad! Have a great weekend at the lake!

I am sorry the name change seems to be so difficult, you'd think it would be easy to just "switch" an email address, right? Hope these things are sorted out soon!

Gracie said...

You're so pretty - I can't wait to see more pictures form your wedding! I didn't change my name when we got married because I hate hassles. So now I've got my maiden name for life. I really don't care either way, so NBD!