Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Currently: May 2019 Edition

Reading: The Guineveres by Sarah Domet. I can't remember who told me about this book, but I know I heard about it on a book podcast. It's about 4 teen girls with the name Guinevere that live in a convent. I just started the book but so far it seems engaging!

Loving:  our time outside with Paul. He loves stroller walks/runs and playing on the little scooter my parents got him for his birthday. I just need consistently nice weather. It's been super rainy and unseasonably cool here lately!



Enjoying some snacks on a 5 mile run/walk!
Playing with bubbles in our front yard

Feeling: frustrated by our house hunting process. I'm trying to be patient but there is so little inventory on the market! About once a week I tell Phil that we are never going to find a house. I really hope the market heats up soon!

Anticipating: the long weekend ahead of us! I love my job but I really love long weekends! We are staying in the area since it's my MIL's birthday on Friday. We are going to her house on Saturday afternoon and will spend the night so Phil and I can go on a belated anniversary date after Paul goes to bed. Then we'll take her out to lunch on Sunday to belatedly celebrate her birthday before heading back home. We don't have any plans on Monday but hopefully the weather is nice so we can spend lots of time outdoors!

Grateful: that Paul has a long healthy stretch and hoping it continues! He's been in daycare for 10 months so hopefully his immune system is more developed now and he will get sick less often.

Working: on keeping my calendar commitments at an appropriate level. I have gotten much better at saying no to things but I need to keep focusing on this so I don't over-fill our calendar!

Listening: to Believed which is an NPR podcast about the Larry Nassler case. It's horrifying to listen to but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment or something. I can't believe he got away with abusing girls for so many years. Sooo disgusting.

Watching: This is Us on Hulu. I started watching this show when it came out several years ago but gave up on it. We don't have a DVR and it's very hard to sit down and watch a show when it's on TV. I enjoy the show but it takes me about 3 days to get through an episode so it will take me a long time to get through all the seasons!

Wishing: for warm, sunny weather! We have had way too much rain lately! Bring on the heat, mother nature!

Bonus Paul pics!

Mama and Paul selfie

We love brunch!


He loves this 100 word book we checked out from the library last week!
What's new with you? What are you currently reading, loving and wishing for?

10 comments:

Leigh said...

It's been so rainy and cold here too. Where is spring?! Hopefully summer actually comes.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I'm still working on my bookcase clearing out! I've knocked off quite a few. I'm reading Corrupted by Lisa Scotoline. Just started it yesterday. Loving watching my girl play softball and improve and love it! Wishing for a cleaning fairy to come help me organize the new child's room.

Marlys said...

I love how he studies his books! And I'm so pleased he likes his scooter! He has such a sweet innocent smile that melts my heart!
This cold wet weather is frustrating and I read that the National Weather released his forecast for the next three months and the middle part of the USA will experience colder than normal weather. This make me very sad as we had a bitter cold winter and spring, so was hoping for some heat. Farmers may never get their crops planted at this rate as we got 1.5" of rain over the weekend and another 2" is expected tonight & tomorrow and more on Friday! We won't have any beach left at the lake if this keeps up.

Jodie said...

Im from MN too and man, this recent weather really has me bummed. Im ready for heat and farmers markets and outdoor music with picnics. I feel like we get a little tease that lasts for a day before it leaves us again.

I LOVE those 100 word books for kiddos!

Charbelle said...

He is just too cute on that little scooter!!! Sounds like y'all have a fantastic weekend ahead!!! I think you will find a house, you have a great realtor working with you and as you said the inventory is limited. I know the house my parents bought on the lake never went on the market. Their realtor lives across the cove and saw construction going on, came over and talked to the owner, set up the showing and my parents made the offer. So a good realtor is going to be your secret weapon in this house search! This month has been an absolute bust for me on miles, knee injury plus having a fever since last Thursday has completely wiped me out! I'm going to have to really focus on June miles!

katielookingforward said...

terrible thanks for asking had a Larry nassar episode and that was a fascinating lesson, the woman ended up as a gymnast for the gophers! this is definitely a cold year, but it also allows me to do more things outdoors (I don't love hot weather).

Stephany said...

Ohhh, Believed is such a good podcast series! It's horrifying and was hard to listen to, but it was so well-produced and I was crying through the last episode. So powerful. And important!

I can only imagine how frustrating house-hunting must be! Especially when you're in such a limited market. Fingers crossed the perfect house will come to you soon! <3

I'm currently reading The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes, loving how much better I'm sleeping now that I'm limiting my caffeine intake, and wishing for the weather to cool down just a bit (very different from you guys - we're already seeing temps in the high 90s here and I am NOT READY for brutal heat and humidity just yet!)

Jeanie said...

Long weekends are the best -- even when you are retired, they are the best! And jolly good about Paul's upswing healthwise. I need to listen to Believed. I know it will hit far too close to home but still, I must. Thanks for the link.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Yay for long weekends!

I'm not reading anything at the moment, as it's been a pretty go-go-go month for us. I read three or four books in Thailand, but nothing since. I am very much anticipating the summer holidays, when I'll fit in so much reading time.

We watch This is Us; I really enjoy it, even though Christopher calls it a "mom show", haha, I don't think he minds it :-)

Amber said...

That little scooter bike is so cool! No wonder Paul loves it. I really enjoyed This is Us the last two seasons but haven't watched the latest season yet. I am waiting for it to come on Netflix I think. So glad you guys had such a nice long weekend and got to go out on a date!