Monday, May 13, 2019

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a really nice Mother's Day weekend! After a cold, rainy week it was great to see the sun shine! Here's a photo-heavy recap!

On Friday afternoon when I picked up Paul, his teachers had a Mother's Day gift for me, which was so cute! They also gave me a long-stem red rose! So thoughtful! We just love Paul's daycare so so much!

When we got home, I put Paul in the stroller and went for a quick run. I forgot my Fitbit on my charger at work so it felt a little weird to not be able to track my steps and workouts over the weekend but oh well! Sometimes it's good not be so focused on steps and calorie estimations!

When we got home we played for a bit and then I said, "where's daddy?" and Paul crawled over the front door. He loves to look out the storm door. When Phil gets off the bus he gets so excited. He waves and flaps his arms. It's pretty cute!


As you can see from this photo, he doesn't need much support to stand but he refuses to stand on his own. He try to work with him on standing and taking steps but he just squats down to sit when we try to work on it. But oh well. I guess he has to do it when he's ready. Phil walked at 15 months so I think Paul will probably walk around the same time.

I was up bright and early at 5:30 am on Saturday morning. I laid in bed until 5:50 before giving up on falling back asleep. I hate it when my body does that! I was thinking I would get some time to read and enjoy my coffee, but Paul was up at 6 so we had breakfast together and played.


Reading his "Good Morning Baby" book. I love how much he loves books!
Then it was off to swimming lessons. He took a nice long nap after swimming lessons and we headed out for a walk after lunch with a stop at the park. Phil was out for a run but met us at the park on the way back from his run. He ran with the stroller on the way back and I ran sans stroller. Phil is super fast so running with the stroller sort of handicaps him to my pace. ;)


During Paul's afternoon nap, I went to my garden to install my fence. It's my least favorite garden-related chore but important to do since we have so many rabbits in our neighborhood. I will plant my garden later this week.

I thought I would maybe sleep in on Sunday morning but I was wide awake before Paul was up so I decided to get up with him when he woke up at 6:20. After breakfast, we headed out for a walk.


Always has his ankles crossed
It was a beautiful morning! Paul ditched his mitten pretty quickly as it wasn't quite as cold as I thought it would be. When we got back, Paul took a very short nap and was super crabby when he woke up. The only thing that helped turn his mood around was a snack of crackers.

Ankles crossed, again!
My MIL, Joan, came down for lunch around 11. Phil grilled asparagus and brats and I roasted some potatoes. After lunch we drove to the park so Joan could witness all the giggles from swinging and going down the slide. Then we went for ice cream. I did not bring my phone with so don't have any pictures!

When we got back, Paul went down for a nap and I went upstairs to read and ended up having a nap, too. Paul slept for almost 2 hours which was great! After his nap, we went outside to blow bubbles and play with his little scooter. Several neighbors came over to see him. There aren't any young babies on our block so Paul is quite the hit with the neighbors!

Working on his bike skills
While Phil fed Paul dinner, I made an enchilada skillet for Phil and me. We both thought it was 'just ok' and needed more spices.  It came together very quickly, though, so I think it might be a good fit for us if I tweak the spices a bit and add a jalapeno or something.


We ended the night by watching an episode of Longmire, which is a show we've slowly been working out way through this spring. I headed up to bed around 8:30 to finish the latest Inspector Gamache novel - now I have to wait until August for her new release!

It was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend full of family time, good good, and good weather!

How was your weekend?

8 comments:

Leigh said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Paul is just too cute.

Marlys said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!
I love all the pictures you post!
My weekend was great despite the chilly, cloudy weather.

Jeanie said...

It sounds like a great day, Lisa. Love the photos. I remember Molly walking around the house with Cameron on her feet, holding his hands to try to get him in the rhythm. It'll happen when he decides!

Charbelle said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Love how much Paul loves books!!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I forgot my watch the other day when out for a walk, I just enjoyed it! I have Strava on my phone so the other day when I forgot my watch at the track I just used my phone. It's not quite the same but it worked. I'm so glad that y'all had such a great weekend and the weather cooperated!!!

Stephany said...

What a lovely Mother's Day weekend for you! That little art project from Paul's school is so cute. :)

You sped through the rest of the Gamache novels! Nice job!

Amber said...

That does sound like such a wonderful weekend! So much great family time. Olivia would LOVE a little scooter like Paul's. She has a little four wheel bike thing that she's obsessed with riding right now!

I need to start the 5th Gamache novel. I really liked #2 and #3 but wasn't a huge fan of #4 so I've been putting it off.

San said...

What a great day! Sounds like you had a great time with your little family!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Paul is such a happy little guy. That's so cute that he watches for daddy through the storm door <3 Precious!

Sounds like a lovely mother's day weekend.

We had a great mother's day weekend, as we had Christopher's parents over for dinner.