Monday, May 10, 2021

Things are looking up!

Happy Monday! Phil is getting better every day so after a rough week, things are looking up around here! This weekend was much better than I expected as I got to take a nap on Saturday and Sunday! Woot woot! That's all I really wanted for Mother's Day but Phil also came through with tulips, ice cream and my favorite wine (Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc)! He's not usually a gifts person but was feeling very bad about the rough week I had. Here's how our weekend shaped up!

On Friday, I picked up both boys from daycare (I'm doing all the drop offs and pick ups right now since Phil can't lift Will when he's in the car seat). I didn't get a picture, but Pablo got to go scooting around the block. It took a lot of convincing to get him to try the scooter last year but he finally started to use it in October (we have a very cautious kid - which is fine!). He's very glad scooting season is back! Then it was bath time for both boys. Will is at the stage where he loves his bath but he's in that awkward stage where he can't sit up but is super wiggly. But it's a good way to cheer him up when he's tried/cranky at the end of the day. 


On Saturday morning, I did a quick walk/run before Will's first nap. It was really nice to get out of the house ALONE for a little bit! Phil felt well enough to do the grocery shopping on Saturday morning, so I was home with the boys for the rest of the morning. Will worked on his rolling skills. He learned how to roll from back to stomach right before he turned 5 months but doesn't do it a ton. So we did lots of blanket time so he could work on that skill. 


Later that morning 3 girlfriends came over - 1 who is expecting in June and 2 who have 2 kids - for an outdoor coffee catch up/play date. It was beautiful outside so we were able to be outdoors. One friend brought coffee and treats from the bakery by her house. It was so nice to see them and talk to other adults! 

The best part of Saturday was taking a nap during Paul's nap. Phil watched Will until he went down for his nap so I got a 1.5 hour break which felt amazing.

We stayed close to home that day as it looked like it was maybe going to rain. Paul had fun playing with all his cars/trucks/construction equipment. He's still really into lining them up. 


On Sunday morning I fit in a 21 day fix workout while Paul had breakfast and Will hung with dad. Paul woke up with a cold that morning but we had promised him a trip to the park the day before. So we went early in the day when we knew the park would be quiet and had him wear a mask at the park. We used the double stroller our friend handed down to us for the first time! Will goes for buggy rides at school so I figured he was ready for a forward facing stroller. He really liked it and Paul loved having a buddy in the stroller with him! 


I got several comments about how cute our baby is. :) 

Hanging out at the park!

I got another nap in on Sunday which was glorious as Will was up for the day at 5:30! 

I made fish tacos for dinner that night (no picture, sorry!)  and then we watched another episode of Away. 

So all in all, it was a much better weekend! I'm bummed that Paul has ANOTHER cold, though. I guess our long healthy stretch has come to a screeching halt - he's had 2 colds and the stomach flu in the past month. I got his first cold and the flu (I think we got the flu from Will) but am hoping to avoid this latest cold. We'll see. 

How was your weekend? 

5 comments:

Gracie said...

Aw, you all get better! I've been pretty healthy, but Nico keeps bringing home a series of gross daycare colds. He had better have a killer immune system by the time he graduates daycare!

Stephany said...

I'm so glad that Phil is feeling better and things are looking up for your family! And I love that Phil bought you some gifts even though that's not something either of you do. How touching!

Friend time and workout time and park time and nap time? That sounds like a pretty awesome Mother's Day weekend!

Jeanie said...

It sounds like a great weekend and I'm glad you got some flowers and more! So happy that Phil is doing better -- that sounded miserable. And that you had such a good day. Bummer about Paul's cold though!

Happy week!

San said...

Aww, that's so sweet that Phil surprised you with Mother's Day gifts even though you said that you're both not "gift people", but sometimes a little gesture like this is still amazing.
So glad he's feeling better and that you had a nice weekend!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Glad to hear Phil is doing better and I'll have to try thar favourite wine of yours. I prefer red, but am always on the lookout for a good white.

We recently started watching Atypical on Netflix and I love it. I absolutely love working with kids on the spectrum; they just make me grin, so this show is right up my alley. There is also a new human body documentary series that I am obsessed with. I love anything about the brain/body.