Friday, March 18, 2022

Five Things Friday

 Hey hey, it's Friday! The weather forecast is looking great so I have high hopes for the weekend! Here are 5 things on my mind these days!

1. I upgraded my iPhone to the latest model - the 13. My iPhone 8 was over 4 years old and the battery was not holding a charge well anymore so it was time to upgrade. The activation process was a cinch! When I upgrade to the 8, the process was HORRIBLE. I use my phone for work and my company had some security wrap-around that made it difficult to transfer everything to the new phone. Luckily they changed their phone security so it did not impact the activation. So far I'm very happy with the phone - the camera is so much better! I need to play around with it a bit, but here are a couple of photos I took using the portrait mode. Paul so badly wanted to hold Will which is challenging since he's so wiggly - and not that much smaller than Paul!!


2. The weather has been WONDERFUL here this week. It's been in the 40-50s and the snow is really starting to melt. Plus with the daylight savings change, it's still light out after dinner so I was able to take Paul scooting after dinner one night. He was so happy! His helmet isn't buckled in the first picture below but I definitely buckled it before he started to scoot. Now that the weather is nicer, we ordered his bike and it arrived this week. He's been wanting a bike with pedals as he did not care for the strider/balance bike we got as a hand-me-down from the neighbors. He doesn't know that the big box sitting in our living room is a bike but he is going to be thrilled when it's assembled and ready to ride, hopefully this weekend!


3. This was week 2 of being back in the office and I was in 3 days - unlike last week when I was only in 1 day thanks to a stomach bug. Overall, it's gone pretty well. It is nice to see people in person and I've enjoyed buying lunch every day. Starting next week, I'll shift to buying one meal out and one coffee out. It's definitely harder to fit workouts in, but it's easier to hit 10k steps/day so hopefully it all evens out? I worked out on Monday, ran with my neighbor at 7pm last night, worked out this morning, and will run with my neighbor tomorrow morning. 4 workouts seems fine for this stage of my life. My company is providing memberships to the gym in our building, so I might try to go there one day/week or something like that. 

4. I am feeling a little bit weary, though, which is probably partially due to being back in the office in person but mostly due to Will's sleep. He's been waking up around 5-5:30. I thought the time change might help but it hasn't. We pushed his bedtime back to 7pm and he's napping for about 1-1.5 hours total at school (which is typical for our kids - they don't nap well in the infant room). I googled 15 month sleep regressions yesterday and it sounds like the culprit is teething. He's getting his 4 canines and wow they seem to bother him. He's pretty cranky in the morning and often doesn't eat well which is out of character for him.

5. We have one things planned/day this weekend which feels like about the right amount for us. Tomorrow we are going to a friend's house for lunch. Paul is SO excited to see her boys. They are older - 1st and 4th grade I think - and they are so sweet and really dote on Paul. On Sunday morning I have swimming lessons with Will. I'm hoping to spend lots of time outside since it will be in the 50-60s including a visit to the park hopefully.

Ok,  your turn! Tell me what's on your mind today!

6 comments:

NGS said...

Earlier in the week it was so nice here - in the 40s and 50s. By yesterday all the snow and ice had melted, so I went for my first outside run of the season. It was verrrry slow, but I did it and I was so excited for the nice weather!

(My husband still has an iPhone 6, but I don't think he's going to be able to get the newest OS on it, so he might have to upgrade. He doesn't like how big the newer phones are, which is why he's held on to his current phone for so long, but I bet he'll love it when he gets a new phone.)

Elisabeth said...

I'm so glad the weather is improving for you; it makes so much difference both mentally AND practically (getting kids in and out of cars in snow gear is not a feat for the faint of heart). It is 11C and sunny here today; if an angel zoomed down from the sky in celebration I would not be surprised.

A phone upgrade can make a huge difference. I don't even know what I have (a bit pathetic), but when I upgraded last it was amazing. My old phone had so little storage space and I was literally having to delete photos regularly (and I already take them off once a month - so I couldn't even fit like 100 pictures on the darn thing). My newer phone - the first one I ever purchased brand new - takes great pictures and I have loads of space.

I hope you have a great weekend. And that you recover from DST + Will wakes up a bit later for you. After the last few months of non-stop viruses and all the sleep disturbances, I would be shocked if you weren't weary.

Oh - and I'm so glad the return to work is going well.

Jeanie said...

That's exciting about the phone -- and about being back at work. You'll be back in the swing in no time if everyone sticks to sleep schedules.

Let's see -- if I picked five things -- I got new glasses; I fell and banged up my knee (the bad one); it was glorious weather yesterday which made me happy; I read a book by my friend Sharon that was so powerful it made me cry; and I'm looking forward to seeing the kids this weekend and celebrating Carson's birthday!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Hurray for nice weather! Today is the first day of spring so hopefully things start to warm up even more soon. I am looking forward to get out and about and although we really need snow/rain here, I have to say that sometimes less snow means easier spring/summer hiking, so selfishly I don't mind taking that silver lining.

What is on my mind? This was a weird weekend; I had plans to go see a friend's son, who was the lead in a play (Footloose), then the son tested positive and so he was not in the Saturday show so we changed our tickets to Sunday but he was still positive...so it was a little bit of a "hurry up and wait" feeling where things were up in the air. BUT I did go for a nice run/hike with my brother on Sunday, and it was good to catch up with him.

I also did my taxes; I will go through and review them before submitting and make some little changes, but right now I am 90% done. Yay. I also am trying to work on a few projects around the house and also cleaning up computer files, culling photos and working on trying to plan a few future blog posts etc. I am happy I got a few of these mundane things done, as I will be out and about for the next five out of six weekends, so this was my chance to get those home related things done.

Stephany said...

So many great updates in this post! I hope this nice weather has stuck around. It's been HOT here already, and I am not ok with it. I just want a few more weeks with 60-degree weather, sigh.

Isn't a new phone (especially when you haven't updated in a few years) so nice? I have an 11 and there's is NOTHING wrong with it. It works fine, has all of the newer updates, battery is fine, but I can't stop thinking about upgrading. But I also don't want to add the fee to my bill for a newer phone! A conundrum.

San said...

I upgraded from the 7 to the 12 last year and it was such a huge improvement. I can imagine that you're enjoying the phone upgrade, too :)
And it sounds like you're easing back into being back at work... I am curious to hear more about that transition. I'll start going back one day a week in May.