The year is over half over (!!!) so I thought it would be a good time to check in on how my 2016 goals are coming along.
1. Health and Fitness
- PR at the YWCA women's triathlon. Status = Not able to complete due to my hip surgery. :(
- Run a sub-4 hour marathon at Grandma's marathon. Status = Not able to complete due to my hip surgery. :(
2. Personal growth
- Identify an organization to volunteer with and volunteer on a consistent basis. Status = In Process. I decided to volunteer in an adult ESL classroom through Minnesota Literacy Council. In June I started to volunteer as a classroom assistant on a weekly basis and I am loving it!! I usually work with the beginner class and our students are a mix of Latinos and Somalians. It's given me a whole new level of appreciation for the things I take for granted. I know things are not perfect here, but being born in the U.S. is like winning the lottery as we have so much freedom, opportunity, access to health care and safety/security compared to other parts of the world.
- Finish all of the books on my nook. Status = In Process. I've read 3 books but still have 1 more to read.
- Read 12 physical books that I already own. Status = In Process. I've read 6 books so am on track to complete this goal.
- Complete the 2016 Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. Status = In Process. I've completed 15 out of 24 tasks.
4. Mental health
- Have one "shouldless" day a month and blog about it. Status = In Process. I've managed to have a shouldless day 5 out of the 6 months so far this year, so I have a little bit of catching up to do.
All in all, I feel like I'm doing pretty well with my goals. I won't achieve the health and fitness ones, but that's out of my control. Out of everything I've set out to accomplish this year, I have the most pride/sense of satisfaction about starting to volunteer on a weekly basis with an organization with a great cause.
Did you set any goals for the year? If so, are you on track to complete them?