Saturday, August 9, 2008

First project is complete!


I finished my first project this week! The scarf took a little longer than I thought it would... partly because of the size of the needles/yarn, and partly because of the technique I was using (knit 1, purl 1). I am happy w/ the finished product, though, and think I am going to become pretty addicted to this new habit.
I have started to work on Kolin's scarf. It's a thicker, red yarn that I am knitting on a larger needle. I quickly noticed the difference between the blue yarn I used and the red yarn I am using for Kolin's scarf. The red yarn is a lot thicker, so it made of more strands... thus, it's easier to accidentally split the yarn. It's also less stretchy so it's a little tougher to work with. However, it will knit up faster & probably be a little more 'plush'... I think/hope! We'll see!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job, Lisa. I love the color. I tried knitting, but it wasn't meant to be. I admire your expertise.

Marlys said...

It will be fun to see a new project! Are you still going to put fringes on the ends?