Monday, March 27, 2017

Shouldless Days: March

After a super hectic month, I really needed a shouldless day!  Luckily I was able to set aside Sunday as a commitment-free day!  It was wonderful!  Here's how I filled it!

I woke up without an alarm around 7 am and came downstairs for a breakfast of yogurt + banana and coffee.


Then I plugged in my electric blanket and settled in to start a new book!


Phil came downstairs when Face the Nation started at 9:30. This is our favorite Sunday morning news program.  

After that I threw together this crockpot chili.

Phil left for his mom's around noon, so I watched an episode of Suits while eating lunch.  I'm slowly working my way through this series and am really enjoying it!


After that I did something I rarely do - I laid down on the couch and took a nap. I have been so tired lately and haven't been sleeping great, so when my body was telling me it was tired, I decided to listen.

An hour later, I did some prep work for the sheet pan chicken and vegetable dinner I'm making tomorrow night.

Then I headed to barre with a friend. One of my favorite instructors was teaching it and it was an extra tough class. I love barre classes!

Then I headed home and had chili for dinner and portioned out leftovers for the week ahead.

The finished product! This is one of my favorite chili recipes. I substitute browned ground turkey for chicken breasts as I think chicken can sometimes get dry in the crockpot
After dinner, I addressed rehearsal dinner invitations while watching 60 minutes. DON'T EVER BUY the shiny gold envelopes from Papersource.  They are awful to address since they have a bit of a sheen to them so you have to use a ball point pen as loose ink pens doesn't take to the envelope. Thank goodness we didn't use gold envelopes for our wedding invitations!

Addressed envelopes, ready to be stuffed with invites
Phil got home around 7:30 and we spent the rest of the night relaxing together and catching up on our days.

When was the last time you had a relaxing, laid back day?

14 comments:

Charbelle said...

I'm so glad you were able to schedule in a shouldless day!!! I know it's been a crazy busy month!!! I appreciate that sometimes even when we have stuff going on on the weekend we can still create a little bit of downtime. Friday night we just hung out and I was home and in bed before 10. I've been SUPER tired! Then Saturday Michael and Charlotte came over for breakfast since my Dad's cousin was in town with her husband. They are such a very very cool couple!!! I LOVED getting to know them!!! We planted some of the garden and I cleaned bathrooms and then we were back with my family for dinner. So it wasn't crazy and it was a great day!!! I'm planning to call my nail place as soon as they open because gardening with nails isn't the greatest idea. I'm going to buy gloves :) I ordered gold envelopes from Vista Print I hope that I don't regret that!!!

Nora said...

What season of Suits are you on? We are on the current one (I think) and have about 12 episodes to catch up on. We are obviously behind :) I love Harvey so much...

Glad you were able to relax a bit yesterday + take a nap! Pretty sure a nap will be in my future soon, too, as I have a busy and hectic week ahead of me.

Yes, addressing envelopes with any sort of sheen make me crazy!

Jeanie said...

Yikes. Even Sharpie didn't work on those envelopes? That's not good! Pretty, but not good!

So glad you had a relaxing day -- sounds like just the ticket as I think you'll be adding in the busy season pretty quickly!

Amber said...

So glad you could have such a nice and relaxing shouldless day! I have been having lots of shouldless days lately because I have been feeling really crappy and all I feel like doing is laying around reading or watching netflix. You clearly really did need to catch up on sleep to lay down and take a nap as I know that's something you so rarely do, glad you were able to fit it in!

Stephany said...

I had a truly shouldless day a week ago Sunday. I didn't even get out of bed until 2 p.m. I had planned this full day, but I just didn't have the energy for it, so I just allowed myself to be totally lazy and only do things that would make me feel good. (Which ended up being a lot of reading and napping, lol.)

katielookingforward said...

I haven't had one in a while! But I"ll probably schedule one soon. The last few weekends I haven't been to church because my grandparents have been out of town. And its been kind of nice because I can go to brunch with friends, but I'm also ready for a good sermon and singing.

Marisa A. said...

Yum chili sounds good! I kind of forget about it in the warmer months but I love it and it would be so easy to take for lunches during the week. Might have to make some this weekend.

Carolina John said...

ah yeah, it's so nice to chill for the day and just do whatever you want. You really got a lot done!

Abby said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I haven't had a shouldless day since ryan has been home. But once we get settled in Fargo!! Right now it's just been a bit of a circus to get everything ready and also see everyone before we leave!

Gracie said...

I've purchased shiny envelopes for something before - maybe Christmas cards? - and I had to end up printing out labels! So annoying! I just couldn't get the ink to stick!

Linda said...

I love your should less days posts!

San said...

The chili sounds great!
And I have to start watching Face the Nation... I've never watched it (I usually skip news on the weekend).

Marlys said...

I loved that sound of your day!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

The last time I had a laid-back relaxing day was probably two weekends ago. This past weekend we were in Saskatoon to see my mom, which is pretty laid back, but also tiring.

Those envelopes sound terrible! I hate when the pens I like don't work on certain paper.