Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Love Hallmark

Seriously, I love Hallmark. Yes, they have commercialized Holidays, like Valentine's Day, but dang I love them. On Friday night, I watched a Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie, "Loving Leah." It was such a great movie. I loved the Hallmark commercials almost as much as I loved the movie!

One of the most poignant quotes from the movie was: "A Mother is only as happy as her saddest child." I don't have any children of my own, but I am pretty confident that the mom's out there who read this would agree with this statement.

There was an awesome song that was part of the soundtrack. Thanks to Google, I was able to track down the artist & I bought her CD on iTunes. If you like singer/song-writers, you'll probably like this artist. Her name is Priscilla Ahn and her CD is wonderful.

Here are the lyrics to my favorite song on the CD, "Dream."

I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me. I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green.

I had a dream That I could fly from the highest swing. I had a dream.

Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.

I had a dream That I could fly from the highest tree. I had a dream.

Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave. I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing. I had a dream

I couldn't figure out how to paste the youtube video on here, but here's the link if you want to hear the song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfDwChOoHI

No comments: