Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Looking Forward

I've done a decent amount of looking back lately - which has been both good and bad. Some memories are fun to revisit, like looking at pictures of the day my nephews were all born. Some memories are not as fun to revisit, like looking back at past relationships that have ended.

So today is a good day for another looking forward post!

Today I will have dinner with 3 of my best girlfriends from college, one of which now lives in NYC. It's not very common for us 4 to see each other, so I am so excited for tonight! I can't wait to catch up over wine! Hopefully the weather cooperates so we can sit outside!

This week I will have dinner with my aunt and cousin at Ecopolitan, a restaurant I have been wanting to try out for a long time now! It's a raw food restaurant that is gluten free friendly! My cousin has raved about it so I can't wait to check it out!

This month I will get together with some co-workers from The Pysch Experiment. While I do not miss job one bit, I do miss the people I worked with. It will be great to catch up!

This year I will go on a mini-vacation with my girlfriends to celebrate our upcoming 30th birthdays! I can't wait to figure out where we will go for our long weekend getaway! Perhaps we will start the planning process at dinner tonight.

What are you looking forward to today, this week, this month, and/or this year?

18 comments:

Kyla Roma said...

You nickname for the last job makes me laugh, enjoy catching up with them! :)

Charbelle said...

What a fun week!! So glad you're getting to catch up with friends and family!!

Abby said...

Sounds like you have some really fun get-togethers in the near future! That is very true about sometimes just having to switch the mind from "looking back" to "looking ahead"! :)

This week, I look forward to going to a Diamondbacks game. This month I look forward to our camping trip at the end of June! And this YEAR I look forward to entering the "real world" as a nurse! :)

Mandy said...

Have a great time with your friends tonight! That sounds like such a fun time.

This week, I am going to a concert with friends on Saturday. This month, I'm looking forward to my extra days off and am making fun plans. This year, I will hopefully end up in a different place than when I started.

Gracie said...

That's a fun list. Unfortunately this week I'm just trying to get through a rough work schedule... in the not as near future I'm looking forward to visiting my sister in a month and a half, though.

Nora said...

This week: Harry Connick Jr in concert on Friday night, Breast Cancer walk Saturday morning and a one-tent circus on Sunday!

This month: I'm having a mini party on the 19th so that will be fun!

This year: a trip to meet/see you =)

Leigh said...

Great post Lisa! It's a good thing to look forward and be excited for what is to come instead of looking back and thinking what could have been.

This week, I am looking forward to going shopping with one of my bridesmaids. We live 3 hours apart so it will be nice to spend time with her.

Hope you have a great time with your girlfriends at dinner tonight!

Emily Jane said...

Awww yay! Looking forward posts are so fun.

This week I am looking forward to being DONE with the dreaded reading I've been anxious about for months! This month I am looking forward to... sharing my birthday with my dad on Father's day! And this year I am looking forward to visiting family back in England, going on my first BLOGGER meetup, and getting married :)

Have fun!!

Amber said...

Ohh I need to do another Looking Forward post soon as most of the things I was looking forward to in my last post are over now :( Haha, oh well there's always more to look forward to!

Moll said...

I am going to eat a muffaletta at Fort Defiance in Red Hook, Brooklyn in 20 minutes!

And then tonight I am going to a free Norah Jones concert in the park.

Have fun with your friends!

Becky said...

Today I am looking forward to another meeting with P, this week I'm looking forward to finishing my book (Belong to Me), and this month I'm looking foward to my friend's wedding in Chicago!

Fun post!

J said...

Have fun at dinner tonight! its so hard to get everyone schedules to coordinate for dinners sometimes!

This week i am looking forward to the weekend! Just have to figure out what I am going to do this weekend still!

I'maNolaGirl said...

A girls trip?!?! Maybe New Orleans - say mid-November?

I hope yall have fun at dinner tonight. Do you have a place picked out? I have heard such great things about the new restaurant by the chefs from 112 Eatery.

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Looking forward is always fun. I'm looking forward to a few friend get togethers that will happen later this summer. Such fun anticipating the events to come, especially camping and finally getting back on a plane! Woohoo!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Oooh, I like this post! I might have to copy this and do it sometime.

I am looking forward to the possibility of working towards my Master's degree very, very soon!

Kelly said...

Love this. Definitely doing it today. I hope you started planning your big trip and are coming to Boston!!!!

Lisa-Marie said...

I enjoy your optimisim, and you have lots of good plans!

I will do this on my own blog I think, thank you for the inspiration Lisa xx

Sarah said...

You've got a lot to look forward to. This week I'm looking forward to getting into some sort of healthy routine for my life. That's my focus right now.