I'm just over a week away from my big move date (May 17th) so I thought I'd do a Charlotte themed 5 things Friday!
5 Things I won't miss about Charlotte (it was tough to limit it to 5. Ha):
1. The ridiculously aggressive drivers. I've never been cut off or tailed so much in my life. I get that it's the land of NASCAR but yikes, the level of aggressive driving is insane. And I am not the only person to notice this - fellow colleagues who have moved here said the same thing.
2. Their confusing road system and lack of freeways. The street I live on changes names about 3 times in the span of 2 miles. It goes from Morehead to Queen to Providence. WHY. And it happens all the time. Another road I often drive goes from Park to Kennilworth to Stonewall in the span of 2-3 miles, too. It's so needlessly confusing.
3. The smokers that hang out on the running path. Did I mention that the hospital where they work is A CANCER CENTER??? Oh the irony. On my last run in Charlotte I might just freaking LOSE IT on them.
4. People commenting on the fact that they can't believe I don't like Charlotte and their disbelief that anyone would actually want to live in Minnesota.
5. My loud apartment building. From the drunk people on their patios to the loud music to the people who banged on my door at 3 am one night - I won't miss any of it. At all.
5 Things I will miss about Charlotte (it was tough to come up with 5. Ha):
1. The friends I made down here and the one good friend I had (Lori) when I move down here. One couple has been especially nice about inviting me to do things, and I have made some friends through work. I will miss them and appreciate the support they all gave me over the last year.
2. Being driving distance from Asheville and the mountains in general.
3. My rheumatologist. It will be hard to find someone that I like as much as her. She was so kind and compassionate, and she got me back to a healthy, active state.
4. The Dogwood trees during spring. I think we have these back home but I feel like they do not bloom as vibrantly as the trees in Charlotte did.
5. Cabo Fish Taco. I do really love their tacos.
What's on your mind today? Any fun plans for the weekend? I actually do not have any plans which I am OK with as the last several weeks have been filled with good bye lunches and dinners. I need a little break from socializing. And I need to pack!