Happy Tuesday, everyone. Yesterday was my first full day back at work and it went well! Woo hoo!
In April, the lovely San of The In Between is Mine nominated me for the Liebster Award. Liebster is German for "the loveliest" or "most favorite." Thanks for the award, San! The way it works is that I answer the 11 questions San came up with, write 11 of my own, and then tag anywhere from 2-11 people to answer the questions I came up with. Here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is your favorite beauty product?
My favorite beauty product is the Arbonne RE9 Advanced line of skincare products. It's pricier than what you would buy at a drugstore or Target, but worth the money spent in my opinion as my skin looks and feels so great since I started using this skincare line years ago. And to be clear, I am not at all compensated to recommend this product, nor do I sell it! But my friend Becky does, so reach out to her if you want to try a sample!
2. If you could pick any place/city to move to for a year, where would you want to go?
Domestically, I'd pick San Francisco or New York. There's just so much to do and see in these cities. San Francisco is close to so many great parks and trail systems, and New York obviously has tons to offer but is also close to a bunch of states in the northeast that I've never visit, so I'd have lots of exploring to do in either city. Phil would pick San Francisco over New York (sorry Alli!). Internationally, I would pick Paris!!
3. What is one thing you like best about your home?
There are a lot of things I love about Phil's house (I guess I should be referring to it as "our" house now!!), but the top of the list is the location as he lives in a cute neighborhood in south Minneapolis. We both have agreed that we prefer to not live in the suburbs (no offense to those who have built their life there - it's just not the right fit for us) as we value being close to the city in a walkable neighborhood. I love that I can walk to a grocery store, Starbucks, a drug store, a Catholic church, and the library. Additionally, it's a short 20 minute bus ride away from work, and it's very close to a running/biking trail system that follows a creek in one direction and the chain of lakes in the other direction.
4. What are you favorite pair of shoes?
Gosh, I am so not a shoe person. Especially since getting diagnosed with RA as I have to be very kind to my feet. If I had to pick a favorite pair, I'd say a pair of black Cole Haan flats with Nike air technology. They were kind of expensive but worth the money as I've had them for 2.5 years and they still look and feel great!
5. What is your favorite travel destination?
Paris. That city has just totally captured my heart.
6. If you could have one do-over, what would it be?
I wish I had never bought my suburban condo in 2005. Nearly 11 years later, it is still worth less than what I paid for it. I'm hoping that I'll be able to sell it and break even in a couple of years. It frustrates me because I felt like I was making a wise decision by buying a home but it turned out to be the worst decision I've made.
7. What is something you are currently struggling with?
No one will be surprised to hear that I'm struggling with the fact that I can't be active right now. I know I have to let my body heal but I sure do miss run club, vigorous workouts and getting my sweat on! Or just being able to walk/do things for myself. I'm pretty helpless on crutches.
8. Breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Dinners on the weekend as that is the meal I devote the most time and attention to.
9. Who is your celebrity girl crush?
Zoe Deschanel. I think she is so adorable!
10. Why did you start blogging?
I started my first blog to chronicle my first trip to France. I loved writing so much that I started this blog. I never could have imagined how much blogging would enrich my life and how many amazing friendships would be forged thanks to this little blog of mine.
11. Tell me about one of your plans for this summer.
In August, I'm renting a cabin on a lake in Minnesota with a small group of college friends. I can't believe that the 6 of us were able to find a weekend that we were all free! I'm really looking forward to a weekend of girl time. And it worked out perfectly as Phil has a guys golf weekend the same weekend so we'll both get some time away with our friends.
1. How old were you when you flew for the first time?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your go-to book recommendation?
4. What store do you buy most of your clothes from?
5. Do you prefer that the toilet paper roll be "under" or "over"?
6. What are 3 words that describe you?
7. Are there any movies you can watch over and over again without getting tired of them?
8. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing in 2016?
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
10. Where do you plan to go for your next vacation?
11. Do you prefer the mountains or the ocean?
Ok, I always feel bad nominating people as I don't want anyone to feel left out, so I'm making this a free-for-all! So answer some/all of the questions in the comments or do a post over on your blog (and tell me when you post it!).