On Sunday, I had my 4th shouldless day of the year. I didn't take many photos of the things I did so a mostly wordy recap will have to suffice! Here's how I spent my shouldless day!
- After waking up without an alarm, I had a leisurely breakfast of GF oatmeal + coffee while catching up on email/blog reading.
- I went to mass at the Catholic church by Phil's. I haven't become a member yet as I want to go for a couple of months to make sure it's a good fit but so far, I like what I see/hear. The music was so pretty on Sunday as the choir was accompanied by a piano and violinist. I love my church in my old neighborhood, but the choir was always accompanied by an organ and I STRONGLY dislike organ music. I know that is a strange thing to strongly dislike but I think the sound is so harsh whereas soft piano music is so much more pleasing to the ear - at least for me!
- After church I went to the gym for my 20 minutes of no-resistance biking time. My time on the bike was sandwiched by time on the arm bike. It felt good to work up a sweat on the arm bike.
- In the early afternoon, I relaxed on the deck and finished the book I was reading. It was a disappointing read - I only gave it 2 stars. It was still glorious to sit outside and read, though! I did the same thing on Saturday, too.
- In the late afternoon, I watched a couple of episodes of Gilmore Girls. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the final season. I don't like where the story lines are going, though! While I was being lazy on the couch, Oscar was having a lazy day, too. She barely moved from the chair all day.
- In the evening, I warmed up some leftovers and started reading "The Distant Hours" by Kate Morton. This is another book I have owned for several years. I'm really on a roll with reading books I've owned for awhile - this is the 3rd one I've read this month!
- Phil got home from his mom's around 8 that night so we ended the day by catching up on what the other person had been up to all day and talked about our plans for the week. Then it was up to bed for a bit more reading before turning out the lights.
All in all, it was a pretty lazy and low key but enjoyable day. Hopefully I'll be able to include more activity in my next shouldless day, like a long walk which sounds so glorious right now.