Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day at the Lake

This weekend I headed up to the cabin for a final weekend at the lake. How is it possible that it's already Labor Day??


I brought a little project with me. I put new flooring in my condo back in May, but hadn't gotten around to sanding & re-painting the trim. I am not a procrastinator usually, but have found that I am when it comes to home improvement-type projects.

So on Saturday morning, I worked on turning this

into this

yah, it took all of maybe 40-50 minutes? Why did I put this off for so long??!? I still have some long pieces that didn't fit in my car, so will have to work on those pieces this month so my cousin can come over & wrap this project up. I love the new flooring, but this is the first and most likely the last major project I'll do in my condo.
Felt good to have that project behind me so early in the weekend. Headed down to the beach. Held Mattie while the boys played in the sand.


Matthew has changed so much this summer - he's really starting to put on some weight. Not nearly as big as Andrew was at this time, but not quite the peanut he was at the beginning of the summer. He loves to kick his little legs (constantly) and is always smiling. I'm convinced he's probably the next Michael Phelps, but I guess we'll have to wait & see if he grows to 6'5" and is double jointed... but if all the kicking means anything, he's destined to be a star swimmer some day!



James & Andrew played really well this weekend, too. They are definitely going to be the best of buds. I even got them to sit still long enough to get a photo of them!

Oh, and Andrew has a new favorite hiding spot.

We had lots of good food this weekend, as usual! I eat so well when I come up to the cabin. Good thing the lake season is over! Mom & Kevin definitely make sure no one goes hungry!


James and Andrew are both really into 'helping' out. James helped mom make breakfast this morning. I think she was a little leary of letting James handle the hand mixer...



But he handled it like a pro! I was leary too, so was impressed!!

Still can't believe it's Labor Day today. Summer is sort of over for me - classes start tomorrow, on-campus recruiting will be kicking off in just 2 weeks. So I will have an intense fall ahead of me. But also an exciting one! Tomorrow will be my last first day of class - something to celebrate in itself! Need to remember how excited I am to be done w/ the MBA program so I don't talk myself into getting another masters down the road... Pretty sure the outstanding balance of my student loans will help....

Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!!









No comments: