Monday, May 8, 2023

A better weekend + Denver bound

I’m happy to report that last weekend was much better than the last several. Better weather makes a huge difference. Will in particular LOVES to be outside. He literally wakes up and goes to bed asking to go outside! 

Will still primarily communicates by whining but hopefully this stage ends soon. I’ve tried saying I can’t understand him when he whines (excellent tip, Suzanne!) but I think he’s too young to quite grasp that. But I am definitely using that for Paul who IS old enough to grasp that and I will keep trying with Will until he understands. 

The weather wasn’t great on Saturday as we had a lot of rain but the morning was decent so I ran with my neighbor (which was probably our last run before she moves - sob!). Paul woke up with a rash which we think is an allergic reaction to something so we skipped the library and gymnastics that morning as the optics of bringing a rashy kid didn’t feel right. 

Sad rashy kiddo

So instead we went to a local park while Phil went grocery shopping. It was wet but another mom at the park had a towel with and wiped lots of stuff off. 



Paul looked better that afternoon after taking some Claritin so we went to the library after quiet time. They had swapped out the toys for space-themed toys and there was a planet search and find. Paul is very into space so he was THRILLED!!


We spent sooo much time outside on Sunday. It was a gorgeous, sunny day. Finally!! We had Paul’s party at a park in the morning. I took no pictures as we were busy corralling Will and talking to parents. It was a really fun morning! We brought donuts and juice boxes - not healthy, but it is a birthday party so we figured some sugar was fine. 

Phil went to his mom’s with Paul after quiet time on Sunday so I was on Will duty for the rest of the day. Right when he woke from his nap, we headed out for a walk. And on that walk, we finally met the couple that lives in the house with the costumed geese, which longer term readers will know all about! They switch out the costumes probably every 2 months or so. The wife was delighted to hear how much joy her geese bring us. They also have lots of toys out along their sidewalks for kids to play with. I’m usually on a mission to get a fast walk in so we usually don’t stop to play but this time we did. We were there for 40 minutes and it took a lot of cajoling to get Will back into the stroller! 

A fisherman and a shark!

Rawr!!



We were basically outside until dinner time which made the day more enjoyable than recent weekends when we were cooped up inside. 

Tomorrow I head to Denver. I’ll be there through Thursday doing meetings with 2 different sales reps and will also spend a half day in our Denver sales office. The week is going to fly by! Hopefully the market volatility calms down so I don’t have too much work to do when I get back to the hotel each day. 

How was your weekend? 



13 comments:

Nicole said...

What delightful people in the goose house! That is Life Goals right there! How fun.
This sounds like a lovely weekend. Being able to be outside is just so wonderful and happy-making! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it and to have Paul's birthday party.
Good luck with your trip!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I am so glad that your weekend went better and that you were able to get outside for Paul's party finally! I am sure that he had a great time (especially with donuts!)

The last few weeks or so have been a lot of hand holding on my end, and it is hard to know what to do/where to go at this moment, exactly due to what you said about the levels and the fundamentals not really jiving.

I want to hear more about the geese! For instance, those costumes MUST be handmade, since they are so creative and I bet finding sizing for goose clothing in a regular store is not normal (right!?) Are the people older? What is their story! You must tell all at some point.

Suzanne said...

That sounds like a great weekend, Lisa! I am so glad the party was a success and that you got to spend so much time outdoors.

How fun that you met the geese people! I love that they do such kind things to bring joy to strangers!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Yay for better weather finally. Will & Maddy are very similar in their love for being outside :)

Those geese neighbors are so sweet. They must be grandparents? Or retried teachers? Ha! You live in a great neighborhood.

Hope it’s a smooth trip to Denver and things start to calm down for you soon.

NGS said...

I'm so happy you were able to meet the goose people! I wonder if they would like it if they knew that I think of them as the goose people in my head.

The weather does seem to have made a turn for actually warmer weather. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Dare I actually pack away the winter gear for the season?

Sarah said...

I would not love the toys at the Goose House-- once Minnie is out of her stroller that's it!

Yay for a successful park party, and I love the library space toys-- how cool.

Minnie needs the muscle shirt Paul is wearing-- hahahahahaha

coco said...

toys and dressed up groove? that's so cute~
being out with kids is the best way to burn their energy and bring whining energy down. glad to know the weather is getting better so you can get back to your usual weekend routines.

Elisabeth said...

How delightful that you met the "goose" people. It reminds me of when I met "The Knitter' last year. There is a neat sense of intrigue of NOT knowing who they are, and then a special bond once you do.

Hope the trip goes smoothly. You've been on the road a lot! At least now you likely don't have to worry about weather delays!!

Stephany said...

OMG, you met the Goose People! Do they know they are famous from your blog? :) I love that they do this, and I'm sure it made their day to hear how much joy it brings you!

I am so thrilled that you not only got to have lots of outside time last weekend but also got to have Paul's birthday party finally. Wahoo! Things are looking up. <3

Jeanie said...

What a difference good weather makes! I'm glad Paul wasn't sick, as such, and you could enjoy good outside time. Take care in Denver -- or are you back?!

San said...

Wow that's a lot of toys - do they put them out specifically for the kids in the neighborhood? That is so sweet (but I can see how it's hard to get your kid back in the stroller, if you stop LOL).

Anonymous said...

I’m so sorry your neighbor is moving!!! I know how amazing it is to have a friend that close to you!!!

I absolutely love the geese and I love that you were able to talk to the couple at the house! I think that is just so cool!!!

I believe birthday parties are made for sugar! Everything in moderation but birthdays are so special!!! I’m guilty of completely forgetting to take pictures too! I get so in the moment! I try to take pics when I’m at parties and send them to the hosts so they have them, knowing how I always forget!

Anne said...

I'm glad you took sugar to the party! It's a party - and your treats were perfect for the time of day.
Those geese are so adorable, and what a lovely idea to put the toys out for the neighborhood kids. I'm glad you were able to meet the people behind it all!