Friday, October 16, 2009

My Life in Books

I saw this little meme here and thought it'd be fun to attempt. It's kind of a little brain teaser since you have to think about all the books you've read this year. I actually only review a few of the books I read each month so this gives you a better idea of what all I've been reading in 2009

Here goes!

Describe yourself: The Reader (Bernhard Schlink)

How you feel: The Elegance of the Hedgehog (Muriel Barbery)

Describe where you currently live: The Ice House (Minette Walters)

If you could go anywhere, where would you go: My Life in France (Julia Child)

Your favorite form of transportation: Riding the Bus with my Sister (Rachel Simon)

Your best friend is: The Smart One and the Pretty One (Claire LaZebnik)

You and your friends are: Tales of a Female Nomad (Rita Golden Gelman)

What's the weather like: Lush Life (Richard Price)

Your fear: The Dud Avocado (Elaine Dundy)

What is the best advice you have to give: The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry (Kathleen Flinn)

Thought for the day: And Sometimes Why (Rebecca Johnson)

How would I like to die: Nineteen Minutes (Jodi Picoult)

My soul's present condition: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Jean-Dominique Bauby)

So could you fill out a meme like this with all the books you've read this year? It was definitely tough and some answers make more sense than others!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

ohhh, fun meme but I am guessing it would be hard. I have trouble remembering what I read two weeks ago let alone in January.

Abby said...

Lisa, You never fail to impress me. Wow! The amount of books you read in a year is incredible.

I also loved how clever this was :) It definitely made me smile.

If I were to do this meme....the answers would be like "Maternity and Women's Health", "Raising the Baby", "Drug Guide for Nurses", and "My Sister's Keeper" (the only novel on the list)

So...it wouldn't be very interesting. Ha!

Anonymous said...

That's pretty neat! I'm not sure if I could pull this off considering 1/2 the books I've read are about vampires. I want to read Julia Child's "My Life in France," book too! Happy weekend!

Katie said...

This is awesome. I think I'm going to try to do this, but like Mandy my short term memory is shot. Maybe Goodreads can help me out.

Katie said...

*Though Mandy didn't say her short term memory is shot, mine sure is. :) I just meant like her that I can't remember everything I've read recently.

Amber said...

I totally understand/agree with Nineteen Minutes now that you explained it to me in an email! Haha

I'm SO impressed with how many books you have read!! You are amazing!