Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.  My Christmas was wonderful.  I was the only kid that stayed at my parents' house so I got them to myself quite a bit this weekend - which is a treat as in a family with 5 kids, I don't get a lot of alone time with them!

It was a weekend full of good, home cooked food and delicious holiday treats - many of which I could have, like peanut brittle, heath candy, and these new macaroon-type cookies my mom made!  I saw 4 of my 5 nephews, helped my mom out in the kitchen, and  my grandma kicked my butt at Scrabble - as I expected she would.  She is truly a master at that game!

The weekend was so busy and went by so fast, I barely took any pictures!  But here are a couple!

This is the only food picture I took, which is a shame as my mom fixed SO MUCH DELICIOUS food.  This is the appetizer course from Christmas Eve.  That platter at the bottom of the photo is our seafood platter - which probably disgusts most people, but is standard fare for our Christmas Eve celebration!

Charlie got quite a kick out of Matthew.  You can kind of see that Matthew is making a face in this photo - which is par for the course for him as he is our resident clown.

Charlie "found" his tongue last week!  He has changed so much since Thanksgiving.  Now he giggles and babbles.  His personality is really starting to show through!


And that is it for my holiday recap!  I was sad to leave on Sunday night, but luckily I get to see my family again this weekend as we are gathering at the lake for our New Years celebration! 

15 comments:

Becky said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Just think, only a few days of work this week before a long weekend for the New Year! (That's what got me out of bed this morning!)

Erin said...

Charlie is so cute!!! I'm glad your Christmas with the fam was so wondeful :) And though it sucks to return to work---it will only be a few days before you see them again! Thanks for making ME feel so special and loved on Christmas :) You are a wonderful friend!!!!!!

marybeth said...

Great to see your picture, Lisa, and recap. That tray of seafood made me salivate, I didn't get any herring this Christmas, altho, I did make oyster stew for Kent, Gary, and I. Charlie is a doll! enjoy your NY's weekend.

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

How fun!!! It looks like a wonderful time! Your nephews are so adorable!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Charlie is so adorable! I am sure you will have a great New Years this year!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I know how hard it is to remember to take pictures!! We forgot to put our herring out for our Christmas feast. I think we will have to pack it for Florida!!!

Vanessa said...

Ok, that photo of Charlie is too sweet. I'm glad you had such a great Christmas!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I have decided that next year, I am going to put out seafood...you keep talking about how weird it is, but I think it's a great idea! Now, just tell me what was on that platter!

We actually had crab one of our nights, so we are gradually adding seafood in, I guess.

Charlie is very cute! Our newest cousin just found her tongue too, so she was rolling it around and sticking it out...it's very funny and fun!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Not only did you get a lot of alone time with your folks, but I'm guessing you also got a lot of quiet downtime with them, too (double bonus!). Sounds like you had a really nice weekend with most of your family - score!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Isn't it amazing how much kids can change in just a couple of weeks where as at our age we really only change over many years (which is a good thing at this point haha)

Charlie is a cutie, how old is he? Matthew is cute too, I love the clown boys, they are the reason I laugh so much... even my husband is just a grown up clown I think haha

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

Isn't it interesting how one family's traditions during the holidays are totally foreign to another? Seafood is not one of ours. We have a Christmas morning brunch with cheesey potatoes, coffee cake, eggs, fruit, etc. at my gma and gpa's house and don't do a traditional turkey/ham dinner.

This year my family was talking a lot about our traditions and how they might change in the next few years as people get married, have babies, grandparents get older, etc. It's hard not to do what you've always done, but sometimes change can be good.

I was definitely NOT ready to head back into the office this morning. I feel so out of it, but truly appreciate the few extra days off to celebrate with my family.

Raquelita said...

I barely took any photos of my holiday either, but it sure was enjoyable! Blogging fail, but downtime with family win! I love that you and grandmother play Scrabble.

Anonymous said...

Ah, sounds so lovely! Your nephews are ADORABLE. His smile?! So cute! I love how we both kind of forgot about pictures lol! The only ones I took were basically food and nephew cuteness to, ha :)

Amber said...

I've been reading these on my iPhone but I'm just now getting to comment :)

I'm SO glad you had such a wonderful Christmas with your family! I love your seafood on Christmas Eve tradition. And Charlie is adorable!!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Glad to hear that you had a great Christmas!!!

Charlie is so cute!