Friday, December 23, 2011

Homeward Bound

{Source}

Greetings and Happy Friday!  First things first, isn't that tree awesome?  The lovely Nora found that picture and passed it along to me - it's so fitting for a book-obsessed person like me! I most definitely have enough books to create a tree like that!

After work today, I will head home for Christmas.  It still boggles my mind that it's Christmastime, but I am excited to celebrate with family, eat great food, challenge my grandma to a game of Scrabble (and inevitably lose, seriously she is a master at this game), play some board games, and sleep in a bit each day. 

I'll be heading back on Sunday evening as I need to use my day off on Monday as a study day for the CFA.  Yep, the studying commences.  I have 3 work trips in the first 6 weeks of the year + my sinus surgery so I really need to buckle down and get a solid start on the studying!  I'll be talking more about the CFA in January, so if you are curious about the test/study process, stay tuned! 

For those who celebrate Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas weekend!  I'll be back next week with a recap, and some 'best of 2011' lists! 

19 comments:

Jess said...

Merry Christmas, Lisa!! Enjoy your time at home.

Becky said...

That tree is AWESOME! Safe travels and Merry Christmas to you too babe!

Gracie said...

Oh gosh I love that tree so much! Must do this next year!

J said...

Have a safe trip home and enjoy your time with family!! merry Christmas!

Carolina John said...

Have a great Christmas Lisa!

Marlys said...

See you this evening! :)
Safe travels, my dear!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Hope you have an amazing few days with your family!!! xoxo

Raquelita said...

As an academic, how can I not love the book Xmas tree?!?

Safe travels home! Merry Christmas!

Ashley said...

Merry Christmas! I love that you play Scrabble with your grandma. I may have to break out the board games this holiday!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!
Safe travels!!!!

crystal said...

Love the tree! Have a wonderful holiday :)

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I seriously thought that book tree was yours haha- and it's AWESOME!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family :)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I love that tree and pinned it on Pinterest! Definitely want to try that someday when I have my "library" in my house. ;)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

That is a super cool tree!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Have a fabulous weekend!

Cherry Blossoms said...

Oh my gosh that is too cute for words! You def need to create a book tree next year in your den!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I hope you had a great weekend! Oh no, studying AGAIN!? Good luck with that!

Jeanie said...

Oh, I hope you had a wonderful trip and beat Grandma at Scrabble, too!I beat Rick when we played on Christmas Eve (and Greg and the tag-team of Kevin and Molly) and was very happy to say so!

Happy Boxing Day -- hope your Christmas was every bit as lovely as you wanted it to be!

Lauren @ Sassy Molassy said...

That book tree is awesome! How creative.

Amber said...

That book Christmas tree is AWESOME. You should SO do that next year!!! ;)