Wednesday, November 21, 2012

10 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 10

Today I am thankful for my family.

It seems only fitting to conclude this post series with what I am most thankful for - my family.  I feel incredibly blessed to be a member of a such a healthy, happy family.  There is so much to be thankful for when it comes to my family, and I can only attempt to sum it up with a short bullet-point list.

- I am thankful that my parents are still happily married after nearly 43 years!

- I am incredibly thankful that my dad beat cancer this year.

- I am thankful that my siblings all have strong marriages and that their spouses are people that I love as if they were my own flesh and blood.

- I am thankful that my 5 nephews and niece are healthy, thriving, happy kids!

- I am thankful that the holidays is a time of peace and excitement for us.

- I am thankful that I live driving distance away from most of my family - and that I will have an opportunity to visit my sister in Tucson this winter.

I am thankful for all these reasons, and so many more.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American readers, and have a wonderful weekend everyone!  I'll be at the lake until Saturday, and then I head to California on Sunday for my LAST work trip (hooray) which I will turn into a fun trip by spending the weekend with Kyria.  Due to my schedule, my posts will be spotty the next week and a half, but I am sure I'll be back in December with photos and stories from my time in California!

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful! Sounds like an incredible family and I'm so glad to hear that your Dad's cancer is in remission--always a scary process. My dad's 9 years out from one, but just potentially starting another. Makes you relish each of the moments we have together. Happy happy thanksgiving! Have safe travels and a memorable, yet relaxing holiday full of love. Thankful for YOU as well this holiday season!

Nora said...

Travel safely over the next few days with all of your trips! Hugs to you and your family; I feel like I know them!

Stephany said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Lisa! You have such a great family and I think it's great you live so close to almost all of them.

Leigh said...

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and eat some good stuff for me! :)

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay- I'm glad you have such a wonderful family :) And especially yay for your dad! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and trip to CA!

Raquelita said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lisa! I'm so glad that you have such a wonderful family and that your dad won his battle against cancer.

Have a great time with Kyria!

Caroline said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Lisa!! Hope you enjoy time with your family : )

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving :-)

Amber said...

Happy Thanksgiving friend! Have a great day with your wonderful family! XO

San said...

Your family sounds amazing! I am very thankful for my family, too!
Have a wonderful time with yours at the lake this weekend!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Family IS the best! You are lucky to mostly live close to them! I can't wait to see you and to show you around my neck of the woods. I hope that you are hungry and that you have good walking shoes!

Jeanie said...

Belated TG to you! Family is indeed the best. And yours sounds bestest! Very happy to hear of the remission. What a blessing. Belated hugs to you.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

From everything you've told me and written in this space, it seems like your family is very grounded and very loyal to one another. That's pretty special and definitely worthy of acknowledgment.