Thursday, March 26, 2009

Enough with the whining...

Wow, my last post was uber whiny. I guess I was having one of 'those days'. I have this complex which I like to title the "Chicken Little Complex." I am going to assume that no matter where you lived or grew up, you read this book. In case you didn't, it's basically about a chicken that gets hit on the head by an acorn that falls out of a tree. The Chicken freaks out, gets all aflutter, and assumes, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

I think I have always sort of been like this. I remember many conversations that I had with my mom during my childhood where she'd remark, "Lisa, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill."

But I am feeling much better than I did days ago. My professor returned my email and we are meeting today at 4:30. So soon enough, that class will be history. Graduation is a mere 8 weeks away, so the finish line is in sight. I can do this.

I was thinking about the stress I was feeling yesterday and realized how trivial it is in the grand scheme of things. I have a job, a house, a car, health insurance, and money in savings. I'm sure we've all received that forward about how a shocking % of the world's population doesn't have food to eat or a warm place to sleep, etc, etc, so I am really doing pretty darn well.

And the vacation to NYC will come together, just like all of the other vacations I've taken have come together.

I just need to calm the heck down and realize that life can't always be perfectly planned and doesn't always fit in the confines of a excel spreadsheet. What can I say - I am a work in progress...

5 comments:

Cate Subrosa said...

8 weeks from graduation?! Yes, you CAN do this! Best of luck with the final stretch.

aimee said...

it's ok to vent every once in awhile! 8 more weeks..it will go so fast and think of what an amazing feeling it will be when you are finished!

Jess said...

Everyone needs to get things off their chest, once in a while (or on a daily basis if you’re anything like me.) Just keep thinking about how close you are to the finish line and keep thinking about the fun vacation that will follow graduation. Good luck with your meeting!!

Amber said...

The spring is SO stressful, especially for students. But you're right. You're SO close and you WILL get through it!! :-)

Abby said...

8 weeks!! Wow. That is amazing. I am so excited for you, Lisa. I still haven't gotten my tickets to come home yet because my stupid nursing school schedule for that time still has not been established. Wow, I hate disorganization! Hopefully I will know by this week!!! You will get through this, it's stressful--but you got this! I love you :)