Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Looking Forward

As much as I try to live in the present, as a planner it’s hard not to always have my mind to the future! So I thought I’d talk about some of the fun things I have to look forward to in the last 3 months of the year!

This week I’m looking forward to (hopefully) visiting Ann Patchett’s bookstore in Nashville! I have to present to the foundation board of a university in southern Kentucky on Friday morning. I fly in and out of Nashville and I should be able to squeeze in a visit to Parnassas Books before my flight home on Friday afternoon! I’m a huge fan of Patchett and her bookstore is famous among book lovers. I can’t wait to see it with my own eyes. I rarely buy books but will treat myself to a few things on this trip! 

This month I’m looking forward to several Halloween-themed events! In 2 weeks, Paul and I will go to a pumpkin extravaganza event at the Minnesota Zoo. Then the last weekend of the month we have our 10th (!!!) annual pumpkin carving party with Phil’s college friends. Funnily we started this before most of us had kids! Now most have 2 kids so the size of the group has grown and changed. We even did it in 2020 although it was just us and another family whose kids went to the same daycare so were in our ‘bubble’. That same weekend we have a family Halloween party on Sunday at the home of my former neighbor/running partner. Admittedly I am not a huge Halloween person, like I don’t ever dress up, but I’ve always enjoyed pumpkin carving and I really love the holiday now that I have kids! 

In November I’m looking forward to going to Wild Kratts Live with Paul who is a super fan of the show! I’m also excited to run a 10k in our neighborhood before eating a big, delicious Thanksgiving Day meal at my brother’s in the metro area. I’m also taking a ‘shouldless day’ mid-month which is a day off when I only do things I WANT to do and nothing I feel I SHOULD do.

In December I’m looking forward to celebrating Taco’s 3rd birthday, taking the boys to The Grinch at the Children’s Theater, and all the holiday fun that comes with Christmas!! 

Your turn! Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to in the final quarter of the year?

No comments: