Monday, October 9, 2023

Weekend Highs + Library Excitement

Our first October weekend is in the books. We had a family discussion about everyone’s favorite months. Paul’s is October because of Halloween, mine is September because it’s still warm but usually not super hot/humid, and Phil’s is June which surprised me! I thought he’d pick his birthday month, August, when it’s reliably hot. He’s fully team summer and I am team summer AND fall. We all agreed that February (my birthday month) is kind of the worst since winter gets very old by that point. Taco is too young to weigh in quite yet as he’s still learning the months of the year.

The weather was cool so this was a complete 180 from last weekend. We went from running the a/c last weekend to turning on the heat this weekend. Here are some highs from the weekend!

- On Friday, I got my Covid and flu shots. It’s was tricky to book my Covid shot. My first appt with CVS earlier in the week was canceled so I ended up booking with a clinic. I could indicate I am immune compromised (due to RA meds) so I think I may have been prioritized. I didn’t have any side effects as usual. I was tired on Saturday but was I tired from the shot or because Taco was up yelling for us at 5:45 or because I am a mom with young kids? It’s impossible to know. 

- I ran in deliciously cool weather on Saturday morning (48 at the start of my run) and then we went to the PTA event at Paul’s school. It was chilly so we left after 90 minutes since our hands were getting so cold. The boys enjoyed donuts and Paul saw several new friends from school! I think Paul might be an extrovert! 


- We didn’t get to the library in the morning so we went after quiet time. The boys made friends with another little girl and had fun playing with this gears toys! An anonymous commenter recommended ‘Trashy Town’ for truck-loving Taco so we picked that up plus ‘Smashy Town.’ He is a huge fan of both so thank you for the suggestion!



- But the most exciting part was that Paul got his first library card! He was so excited! And I am selfishly excited to have access to his Libby ebook holds. Ha! I use mine, Phil’s and now Paul’s so I have 45 total Libby holds. Some day he will want his holds but he’s quite a ways from reading ebooks so I will enjoy the windfall of holds while it lasts!


- I had another great run on Sunday morning with perfect fall weather. The fall colors are a bit muted this year, probably because of our drought, but it’s still pretty.

- Paul continues to make excellent progress at swimming lessons! I was especially impressed that he did so well for a substitute teacher! 

An unassisted back float!

- Taco took a nice extra long nap while we were at swimming lessons after refusing to nap the previous day. Every time he skips a nap I panic and think his naps are coming to an end! Please let that not be the case for another 6 months or so! After his nap we went to a park playdate with a friend from his old daycare. They played so well together so this will be the first of many playdates I think! 

How was your weekend? What is your favorite month? 

No comments: