Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

I went over to Kevin's last night to celebrate Halloween with 2 of my 4 nephews. I must admit, I am a bit of a 'fun-hater' when it comes to Halloween. I don't really enjoy dressing up. I must have when I was a child, but have left that aspect of my personality in the past with my childhood. Now that I have nephews that are old enough to trick-or-treat, I really enjoy the holiday. It's fun to see them get all dressed up in their adorable costumes. I can't wait to see pictures of my Godson James in his Optimus Prime costume!

Here's Kolin in his Monkey costume! My sister-in-law's mom made it - I am super impressed!!!


After work, I went over to Kevin and Julie's to see Matthew and Andrew. Andrew had gone to work with my brother since they had a little Halloween Party for kids at his workplace. One of Kevin's co-workers had a little something for Andrew...



His very own Blackberry!! It's an old one that didn't work, so is now a toy for Andrew. I think Andrew is going to follow in his daddy's footsteps! Andrew asked if I had one and I said, unfortunately not yet, but most likely some day. He said,


"You can get one if you go to daddy's work!"

I thought that was pretty cute. If only that was true! I'd be there first thing, Monday morning!

After hanging out for a bit, the boys got into their costumes. Andrew was so cute as Spiderman! He loved showing off the built in muscles!!



I was able to get them to sit still long enough to get a picture with the Pumpkin & Spiderman. They both looked so cute!!


Kevin, Julie, the boys, and I met up with the couple next door who also have a 3 year old and we hit the streets. I was impressed by how much candy the kids got in the short amount of time we were out shopping! The boys had a blast running from door to door and picked up on the concept of only going to house w/ lights on very quickly!


It was a wonderful night! I am so lucky that my brother lives a short 30 minutes away. Now if only Kolin and James lived as close!!! I'm looking forward to seeing them at Thanksgiving!



2 comments:

Marlys said...

Lisa, Andrew was Spiderman, not Superman - but they are similar! Really cute pictures! My first Trick & Treaters were Ryan, Ali & Samantha and she was dressed up as a pumpkin, too! That was really a treat to have them come, but I wish my grandsons could come to our door!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Whoops - good catch mom! You've always been the best editor!!