Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 9: Fabulous Friends

I am incredibly thankful that I have such a wonderful circle of friends.

I honestly don't know what I would do without my girlfriends. I have an extremely supportive family, but in my opinion, you always need girlfriends. I have a wonderful group of girlfriends from college - they are almost like family now. We have known each other for nearly 10 years, though, which is a pretty long time! Also, I think those 10 years have had more ups and downs than all 27 years of my life.

We came to college as strangers, and left as the best of friends. Say what you will about sororities, but I did meet the most wonderful women during my years at Delta Gamma. I guess there is something about living in a house with 42 girls (yes, you read that right! 42!). Luckily, many of my friends also moved to the Twin Cities after college, so I have had a great support system. Balancing jobs, grad school, boyfriends, husbands, and wedding planning has made it a challenge for us to see each other as often as we'd like, but we are still as close as ever. Not everyone made the move to Minneapolis or has since moved on to different cities, but the friendships remain just as strong; thank God for cell phones - I can't imagine paying for long distance phone calls like we would have 10 years ago!

Thanks to digital cameras, it's so much easier to capture & save pictures of all the wonderful times we've had together!

Alissa, Amy N., Trish, Amy S., and I at Nicole's wedding

Nicole and I at her wedding

Katie and I

Heidi, Brooke, and I at Brooke's Rehearsal

Heidi & I rocking the dance floor at her wedding!

Thanks, ladies, for enriching the last 10 years of my life!

1 comment:

Cherry Blossoms said...

Not sure what I would do without you either! Every day I count my blessings and you are one of them :)