Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 7: Music

I am thankful for beautiful music!

I started taking piano lessons when I was in 2nd grade. While I didn't necessarily 'love' practicing, I am so glad my parents let me take lessons. It was great to be introduced to music at a young age; Those lessons resulted in an appreciation for music.

My musical tastes are pretty diverse. I'll give almost anything a try, but seem to gravitate towards music with an accoustic sound. I absolutely love going to live shows, but sometimes have a tough time finding people to join me - I can totally handle going to a movie alone, but not to a concert for some reason... maybe I should set a goal for myself in 2009 and try to attend a concert alone if I can't find a +1...

Here's a list of some of the artists I'm listening to quite a bit these days...
- Bell X1
- Damien Rice
- Matt Nathanson
- Jason Mraz
- Ray LaMontagne
- Brandi Carlile

I've been to two Damien Rice concerts - they are the best. He is so talented. I would love to see him in his home country of Ireland some day. How cool would it be to tour the Emerald Isle and top off the vacation with a Damien Rice concert????

I'm heading home for Thanksgiving this weekend and will be doing the 4 hour drive solo. I am very thankful for my trusty side kick, Pete (my iPod)!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels!

Unknown said...

The best ringtone for your cell phone in 2018.
Hello friends.
Today I will mention you the best quality ringtones for everyone's cell phone. Ringtone for iphone7 iPhone8 Ringtone Iphone. Ringtones from famous songs. Ringtones are loved by most people. You can install and search for other ringtones at my homepage: https://ringtonesmobile.net/

Here are examples of ringtones that I give you for reference and installation and then leave a comment for us:

- bollywood ringtones
- Pop ringtones
- Iphone ringtones
- Marimba ringtones
- Dance ringtones

Your comments will help us improve the ringtone better and bring new insights into the world of ringtones. thanks for your care

Ring320kbps said...

Music is very wonderful. It connects people, bring people together. Thank you for sharing. You can download the best piano music as ringtones at https://ring320kbps.com